I gotta ask this....I need help fast!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bell47 said:
Guys I just turned in my letter of resignation tonight, I didn't give two weeks notice but I didn't feel safe flying with this guy so i quit. This is the first time in my life that I've had to quit like this. I feel absolutley awful, but better than dead or violated by the feds. I was always told when I was learning to fly, know when enough is enough. I tried to talk to the guy last night but he really acted like I was the problem, He tries to turn everything around to be my fault. I really tried to make this work, I don't know what I could have done differently. i really hate this whole situation.

Hey Bell, I'm sorry to hear that.....you did the right thing, I probably wouldn't have given him a letter of resignation. Just a good punch on the nose, that's what you have to do with diks like that....I know how it feels to fly with someone that always has to bitch about everything and everyone and always think that the whole world is wrong and they are right. Good luck my friend, what type of aircraft are you flying??

bell47 said:
It was a Diamond Jet( MU-300)

hmmm have you though about going to FlightOps or something like that....you surely meet the times and req. Where are you currently based?

yeah I thought about it. I would like to fly freight if I could find the right job. Another Caravan position would be great. Maybe something in MEM. I just don't know about the corporate world, but maybe I'm a little spooked after this fiasco with this captain.

nosedragger said:
bell 47, do what he says...HE'S THE CAPTAIN and can have you removed.

My friend, first officer for Continental Express, could not keep up on a milk run through Texas and Lousiana. He was responsible for air/nav, etc. explained he was tired, hungary and needed to pee. Captain stopped taxing in Lafayette and said either quit when we get back or I will have you fired, apply again in a year. He resigned and now has a good job with Continental.

Good Luck.

(try to do exactly what he wants or move as fast as you can to get close to it and tell him of your progress or ask advice on how to "get er dun".

nosedragger do you spit or swallow??? Have a little back bone!

Draginass said:
Why didn't you talk to the Chief Pilot??? One captain's comments arent' going to get you fired. In fact, the jerk probably already has a reputation in the Chief Pilot's office and if you went and talked to him, he'd probably hold his hand up and say, "that's ok, I know about him. I'll take care of it." First thing tomorrow morning, call your Chief Pilot and try and set this straight.

In my 25 years of flying experience, both in the military and part 121, poor leadership qualities and lack of self confidence/flying abliity manifest themselves in behavior like you say your Captain was exhibiting.

Draginass is right on!!!!

b747dogg said:
Draginass is right on!!!!
in theory, this would be the thing to do. but he already stated that said jerk-ass captain is the chief pilot. kinda tough to complain about someone to their face and have them take you seriously or have them change their ways. he made the right choice by resigning. good luck, bell.

I always like a good challenge...obviously you don't or cann't or will not. how about a gppd facial?

Here's a few thoughts on your plight. First things first, a timely call to the servicing FSDO would not only be satisfying but in order. The reason this "guy" was riding your posterior was because he was peddalin as fast as he could.

I've always found that there are three kind of pilots:
1) Those with "it". Naturally great in the airplane, hi level of SA, and normally mediocre with the books. Usually are wired into the airplane;feel it, smell it, etc.
2) Those who wish they had "it". Will be mediocre on their best day, average to below average SA, brillant with the books. Normally have to "memorize" a great deal--approach plates, all systems, etc.
3) Those that don't have a clue what "it" is. Have no business in an airplane unless as a passenger. I personnally don't like these types since they could crash on me or someother unsuspecting individual.

You're much better off away from this idiotic/dangerous situation. Speed in the aircraft/cockpit comes with repetition. Rushing typically leads to mistakes...some of them self-critiqeing. Get your resume out there, make some more contacts, and don't give up.

Latest resources

Back