Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I fly passenger jets. I live off of condiments.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nonstop

"I'm hungry" and "I'm tired" is what I hear most. The FAA is so concerned about alcohol and drug abuse, perhaps they should be more concerned about malnourishment and fatigue. Does anyone DISAGREE?

Our aviators are in a sad state of survival.

Is there a problem with pretzels and pop? That seems to keep the tech's sustained.....

jk bro! :)

How did you ever survive while instructing?

Don't be a whiny b!tch...wander to any large town USA and go work at a shelter and soup kitchen for a night...those people are hungry. Go to a third world country and watch people die from malnutrition. You (neither do I) have no idea what it is like to be hungry, so don't pretend you do.

If you just now realized, when you got your first paycheck, that the pay is so low where have you been? I'm not saying the pay is good, but if you didn't plan for it or didn't know it was so bad...FCUKING QUIT.

Boo freaking who...go change your tampon.

Mike Oxlong said:
Don't be a whiny b!tch...wander to any large town USA and go work at a shelter and soup kitchen for a night...those people are hungry. Go to a third world country and watch people die from malnutrition. You (neither do I) have no idea what it is like to be hungry, so don't pretend you do.
Better yet... I think we should start using homeless people and starving third world populations AS food sources. Granted, it will take a lot of skinnies to make a significant amount of hamburger, but with an efficient processing plant, it could be done.

AviatorTx said:
Better yet... I think we should start using homeless people and starving third world populations AS food sources. Granted, it will take a lot of skinnies to make a significant amount of hamburger, but with an efficient processing plant, it could be done.
I think the tamale man that comes around here selling his stuff may already have that market cornered.....

Mike Oxlong said:
First not everyone instructed so we can't compare.

Second, with $hitier schedules making long days and no break times etc fatigue is becoming a big factor. The FAA (history has shown) only ever act when blood has been spilled. They are aware of it but are unwilly to do anything about it. You can bet that when (if) they try the ATA will be jumping up and down trying to stop it.

"Pilot fatigue" has been at the top of the NTSB's "Most Wanted" list for many years, but the FAA (probably at the urging of the ATA) has so far, turned a mostly deaf ear. There HAS been blood spilled where pilot fatigue was listed as, at minimum, a contributing factor...see AA in LIT or several FedEx accidents, but still, the FAA refuses to update the atiquated rest and flight time regulations.

If you just now realized, when you got your first paycheck, that the pay is so low where have you been? I'm not saying the pay is good, but if you didn't plan for it or didn't know it was so bad...FCUKING QUIT.

Boo freaking who...go change your tampon

There is a difference between non-working soup kitchen "patrons" and a gainfully employed professional. I did soup kitchens in high school as a service project for confirmation, and I can say that from the people I have encountered there, very few were "down on luck". Mostly, these guys were too wrapped up in a drug problem or too lazy to work. Give THEM a boo hoo.

Quitting will do nothing...perhaps you need some fight in you, QUITTER!

If you think that "someone has it worse" is an excuse for the poor wages of professional pilots at regional airlines, please, do us all a favor and YOU quit. People like you are the reason that it's this way. Sounds like you're another one of those kids who had someone else carry you all the way. Had you worked hard enough for this, you'd expect better.

Hey Terry,

I dont know if you are in a position to judge how hard any of us has worked toward this career, but I don't believe you can sit back in your chair and claim you don't know what it is like. It's a hard road, starting right at the begining. I thought I had a good flight instructing job and I only pulled down $500 bucks a month in the winter.......with school loans that's a pain in the a$$!
$hit, my school loans total more than that per month.
Hey Terry knock knock..........

Latest resources

Back