Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I find that type of attitude a sad premonition for the future of your merger with XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fact: your MEC has not put out anything in regards to this topic.
Fact is that I don't know if anything you say is true. Fact is that a communication from the MEC stating everything you just said holds more credibility. Which is my only point of this whole thread!

Why hasn't your MEC put anything out? Do you actually know? Why wont they state the facts and their opinions rather than forcing everyone to take the time to call them and have a conversation that they can deny? Why wont they stand for something in writing for everyone to read and be able to hold them accountable to it? Maybe you ought to find out so that you are not surprised?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO QUIT WITH THIS?????

You are such a broken record!!!! The same thing over and over and over and over..........WE GET IT!!!!!!! Enough........................................

Here is your answer, once and for all..............

THE ASA MEC HAS NOT PUBLICLY PUT OUT ANY INFORMATION ON SMARTPREF OR ANY RESEARCH REGARDING THE AFFORMENTIONED!

They do not plan to. We don't want them to. We are not asking them to. Its not going to happen, hasn't happened!!! ENOUGH!

And the standard point applies. Under ERJ lind bid workrules, simply trade that high credit line you don't like down to something you'd rather fly via the LIW's.

Apples and oranges. You could still have a LIW with PBS. There may be less open time though.

Our system is every bit as globalized as what we fear of smartPref. How is it honoring seniority to award a line to a junior pilot purely because of preassigned credit and it forces a more senior pilot on reserve. Please, flight line cheerleaders, tell me how that honors seniority.

Because the PBS language was designed to maximize lineholders. This could be revisited in negotiations, but it also may not be.

For several reasons I don't think it's a big deal:

1. The person who gets reserve (while a junior pilot gets a line) would have most likely been on reserve without PBS
  2. It only happens a few times a year -- not everybody has preassigned credit every month
  3. It could be easily fixed by allowing for a pilot to complete a line if he was within a few hours of the window, but has no other pairings available to put him in the window.
I am not saying screw the junior pilots, but I think people make this out to be a bigger deal than it is. I don't know of anybody who was a lineholder prior to PBS that has been affected by this (and not another issue, such as backward movement).

I encourage all of you to go watch a PBS solution run at the office. It is not pure seniority ruling. We left that when we swithe from line bidding. There are human inputs that can alter the solution, decisions made by the PWG, not your seniority.

It is pure seniority in the sense that if you are SPECIFIC about your bid, you will not be denied a pairing if you can hold it.

The biases and sorts only really affect somebody who is vague about what they want. A pilot is always free to bid more specifically to avoid that issue, however most don't and therefore the options exist.

Now, when it comes to unstacking, there are decisions made about what days to unstack that may cause some junior pilots to avoid unstacking. But, a pilot is always free to bid his or her unstack bid sheet as detailed or as vaguely as possible.

Last edited:
Because the PBS language was designed to maximize lineholders. This could be revisited in negotiations, but it also may not be.

For several reasons I don't think it's a big deal:

1. The person who gets reserve (while a junior pilot gets a line) would have most likely been on reserve without PBS
  2. It only happens a few times a year -- not everybody has preassigned credit every month
  3. It could be easily fixed by allowing for a pilot to complete a line if he was within a few hours of the window, but has no other pairings available to put him in the window.
I am not saying screw the junior pilots, but I think people make this out to be a bigger deal than it is. I don't know of anybody who was a lineholder prior to PBS that has been affected by this (and not another issue, such as backward movement).

It is pure seniority in the sense that if you are SPECIFIC about your bid, you will not be denied a pairing if you can hold it.

The biases and sorts only really affect somebody who is vague about what they want. A pilot is always free to bid more specifically to avoid that issue, however most don't and therefore the options exist.

Now, when it comes to unstacking, there are decisions made about what days to unstack that may cause some junior pilots to avoid unstacking. But, a pilot is always free to bid his or her unstack bid sheet as detailed or as vaguely as possible.

Maximize lineholders!? Have you looked at how many of our pilots are on reserve? Over 20% of the captains IAD, 23% at DTW, 18% of FOs on the 200 ATL. It was never that high in line bidding.

The simple answer is NO. The flightline system does not honor seniority. Of course, our well fed union leaders continue their track record of looking out for the senior pilots at the expense of those junior. Your response rationalizes this failure by saying it doesn't happen often or that the old system would have piltos on reserve anyways. We have a group of people who decide how the bid solutions look, and it is absolutely possible for them manipulate the solutions. Globalize/socialize, whatever euphemism you choose to use, it is not honoring seniority, it's just got a casual relationship with it.

Maximize lineholders!? Have you looked at how many of our pilots are on reserve? Over 20% of the captains IAD, 23% at DTW, 18% of FOs on the 200 ATL. It was never that high in line bidding.

You are 100%, unequivocally wrong about that!!! It's almost laughable. The first month PBS went live, I myself went from about 20 deep on reserve to over 50 lineholders below me. Dont let the facts get in the way of your rant, though.

You are 100%, unequivocally wrong about that!!! It's almost laughable. The first month PBS went live, I myself went from about 20 deep on reserve to over 50 lineholders below me. Dont let the facts get in the way of your rant, though.

I don't think the guys in IAD and DTW are laughing.

THE ASA MEC HAS NOT PUBLICLY PUT OUT ANY INFORMATION ON SMARTPREF OR ANY RESEARCH REGARDING THE AFFORMENTIONED!

They do not plan to. We don't want them to. We are not asking them to. Its not going to happen, hasn't happened!!! ENOUGH!

Got that nevets? Your crap is old and stinky man, flush it!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO QUIT WITH THIS?????

You are such a broken record!!!! The same thing over and over and over and over..........WE GET IT!!!!!!! Enough........................................

Here is your answer, once and for all..............

Trust me, as long as you guys are willing to keep this thread alive by posting on it, I'll be more than happy to keep stating facts.;)

I know they don't plan to. The question should be why are they keeping their own pilots in the dark? Maybe you should ask? Maybe you would be surprised?

Trust me, as long as you guys are willing to keep this thread alive by posting on it, I'll be more than happy to keep stating facts.;)

I know they don't plan to. The question should be why are they keeping their own pilots in the dark? Maybe you should ask? Maybe you would be surprised?

What do u think is motivation for " keeping crj guys I the dark" for?

I would not be surprised if members of the union have a financial arrangement with FlightLine and have a personal interest in keeping the service with them. No, I would not be surprised at all. That is 100% pure speculation. I have absolutely no facts to back that up with.

Keep in mind, probably 1% of the pilot group even has a flightinfo account, much less logs on, even much less takes this seriously...

Latest resources

Back