Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I find that type of attitude a sad premonition for the future of your merger with XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's does the line about gaming the system refer to? An asa Fo told me he uses some loopholes in the system to get a better schedule than he should with flightline. How does that work?

Here it is..... Taken directly from the research paper the XJT scheduling committee prepared:

Vendor: Flightline (a subsidiary of Sabre Airline Solutions)

Oh good. After 11 pages someone finally posted a useful response instead of an insult. Thank you. In the foolish hope of continuing meaningful discourse, what was the analysis of SmartPref?

"Currently in use at: ASA, Republic, GoJet, Virgin America, and AirTran"

That really says it all right there

Thank you!!! If you (nevets,pickle) are going to keep beating us over the head, YOU can post some info instead of keeping this mantra of "why my mec has not shared the info". Remember, that is the synopsis or evaluation under the eyes of how it works for you at XJT. The ASA side may see those parameters differently.

You didn't have to put the glib comment at the end, but yes.....thanks.
Do you have any idea how much I've already pis$ed off your mec by even posting here? I post that letter publically and I have to face the wrath. They have a file of eveything I post on the internet and then send it to lawyers. Ya, real free exchange of information.

"Currently in use at: ASA, Republic, GoJet, Virgin America, and AirTran"

That really says it all right there

And many of the other pbs users like Delta and Ual are jealous of flightline and like it compared to what they use, and possibly wish to change to it.

Currently in use at: ASA, Republic, GoJet, Virgin America, and AirTran

I think your committee needs to do some better research. AirTran does not use any PBS system. We exclusively use line bidding.

I think your committee needs to do some better research. AirTran does not use any PBS system. We exclusively use line bidding.

I approve the message above. If this is the research paper, because of some other gross misrepresentations and mischaracterizations, I am not sure it gets a passing grade. It is short on substance and long on opinions and bad observations. However, there are some things I would agree with. There will be a rebuttal in due time.

But for now, how many customers does SmartPref have? Can you explain the awarding logic in specifics? What is it that you have discovered that other potential customers did not? Why do you think that over a period of 6 years, no airline has signed on? Does version 2 Globalize? Can you explain globalization? How far up a position will the system globalize based on your research? Can it be implemented without a long delay? How many people are employed by Crewing Solutions? Does Crewing solution have any other products? Where does the owner live? Is Crewing Solution a publicly traded Company? Can you explain the Splat Line? Does the software try to "socialize" the lines, meaning driving most bidders towards a line average? Can the software award CDO's? Have you negotiated the rules to which SmarPref will have to conform? Who would select the settings for the bid runs and who will be actively running and monitoring the awards? Where are the Crewing Solution offices? As compared to Flightline's PrefBid, how easy is it to enter preferences, edit preferences, delete preferences, build diffferent bidding strategies and options on multiple bid sheets to achieve a desirable outcome? Does a gui result guarantee that a bidder will get the schedule that is reflected once his bid is entered? Is the system really a real time, live bidding system? In your tests, without active bidding by 400 or so pilots, how can you claim valid and verifiable results? What is the bidding window range on SmartPref? Is it wide enough to give wide pilot satisfaction across the pilot group? Does the software globalize every bid run and in every position? Will a globalized award produce a high degree of pilot satisfaction to the majority of the pilots in a position? Does the SmartPref software create a bid award report for every pilot explaining why a pairing was awarded to the bidder or not? Can you explain the algorithm and the predictability of an award? Do you have any concerns about a system that has not been tested in a real bidding environment?

I appreciate your efforts and your attempt to achieve valid results with all the systems that you analyzed. Did you research AOS, Navtech, Carmen, and the Ames system? If so, do you have similar reports for those systems in addition to the SmartPref bidding system? Can you post your work, and state why you don't support those?

Thanks! Your efforts are appreciated and I am not attacking your integrity. I look forward to your answers to the questions above.

Latest resources

Back