Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I figured this would be a good place for Citation 2 questions.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Photoflight said:
Thats perfect, With that avatar as my guide nothing can stop me now!!!!

I was actually just hoping familiarize myself with the aircraft as its the first turbojet plane I might be sitting in the cockpit of.

Sorry for being a jerk!! Good Luck and let us know how things went!!

Just get to talking about golf and stuff like that. That's probably all the interview will be anyway. :)

The II is just like any twin prop you might have flown except it is missing a few levers. Simple systems, Simple limitations. Handles nicely and lands easily-even with stiff legged gear. Usually comes with HUGE worthless radios. Not much room up front and usually hot as a NetJets mediation room due to the great greenhouse windows. It is s l o w. dont bother pulling the throttles back for descent because you could not possible hit mmo or vmo. Just relax and good luck on the interview and hopefully job!

Photoflight said:
I was actually just hoping familiarize myself with the aircraft as its the first turbojet plane I might be sitting in the cockpit of.

Turbojet? I think you need to do some more studying.

Why's everybody criticizing this guy?

miles otoole said:
Turbojet? I think you need to do some more studying.

Actually Mr. Technical O'Tool. . .if you want to get real in depth, he's STILL right if he just clarifies a little. Yes, the CE550 is not really a turboJET but a turboFAN powered airplane. But that's technical and maintenance type speak. The FAA makes no distinction between turbojet and turbofan airplanes, they classify them ALL as "turbojets." For example, FAR 135.243 states, "No certificate holder may use a person. . .as pilot in command. . .in passenger-carrying operations-(1)Of a turbojet airplane. . .unless that person holds an airline transport pilot certificate. . ." Of course we all know that the ATP is required if you're going to be flying a turboFAN airplane as well, but nobody makes these asinine comments towards the FAA. They decide to split hairs on this forum.

Also, before the FAA changed the holding pattern speeds in the AIM there was listed maximum holding speed for propeller airplanes and for turbojet airplanes. I'm sure there are more examples. So there, Miles. Another hair succesfully split!

Latest resources

Back