• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
O

OUT

charlebois.JPG
David Charlebois, the co-pilot of American Airlines Flight 77, which crashed into the Pentagon, was openly Gay, the Washington Blade reported. Charlebois was a member of the National Gay Pilots Association. Charlebois is survived by Tom Hay, his partner of almost 13 years.

I am not sure, why you would put it here. I really doubt many people care, one way or another, that he was openly gay.

If you are trying to promote a certain agenda, not that there is anything wrong with that, the non aviation side of the house might make more sense.

Dizel8 said:
not that there is anything wrong with that

Translation: YES, there is a LOT wrong with that, however, our PC society dictate that I add this whiney qualifier, so no one will call me homophobic.

GoingHot said:
Translation: YES, there is a LOT wrong with that, however, our PC society dictate that I add this whiney qualifier, so no one will call me homophobic.

It's actually more of a pop culture joke than a whiny qualifier.

OUT said:
http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/uraniamanuscripts/charlebois.JPG David Charlebois, the co-pilot of American Airlines Flight 77, which crashed into the Pentagon, was openly Gay, the Washington Blade reported. Charlebois was a member of the National Gay Pilots Association. Charlebois is survived by Tom Hay, his partner of almost 13 years.

Charles Burlingame of Herndon, Virginia, was the plane's captain. He is survived by a wife, a daughter and a grandson. He had more than 20 years of experience flying with American Airlines and was a former U.S. Navy pilot.

It appears that the captain was a heterosexual male. If a National Heterosexual Pilot's Association were to have existed, perhaps he would have been a member. As it stands it looks his murder was just as tragic and sad, just as significant a loss to all of those who knew and loved him as was that of Mr. Charlebois.

And of course, I believe we must not forget the thousands of others who lost their lives that day, regardless of their sexual orientation.

OUT said:
http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/uraniamanuscripts/charlebois.JPG David Charlebois, the co-pilot of American Airlines Flight 77, which crashed into the Pentagon, was openly Gay, the Washington Blade reported. Charlebois was a member of the National Gay Pilots Association. Charlebois is survived by Tom Hay, his partner of almost 13 years.

It's all fine and great that you want to be "out" but save it already. Don't expect me or anyone else feel that we have to embrace your lifestyle choice. This is what irritates me so much about the whole gay pride thing. If you're gay, so what? Why do you have to flaunt it? Do your thing, live your life in privacy like most straight folks do.

All of us in the airline biz work with gay people all the time. Most are great folks, hard working love their job, etc. I don't care what their sexual preference is, it's really not my business and they don't wear it on their sleeve.

I find your motives suspect. Why would someone create a screen name of "out", have a gay pride flag avatar, and start threads about gay pilots? Seems like flamebait me. Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

David Charlebois, the co-pilot of American Airlines Flight 77, which crashed into the Pentagon, was openly Gay, the Washington Blade reported. Charlebois was a member of the National Gay Pilots Association. Charlebois is survived by Tom Hay, his partner of almost 13 years.

So what?

Charles Burlingame of Herndon, Virginia, was the plane's captain. He is survived by a wife, a daughter and a grandson. He had more than 20 years of experience flying with American Airlines and was a former U.S. Navy pilot.

It appears that the captain was a heterosexual male. If a National Heterosexual Pilot's Association were to have existed, perhaps he would have been a member. As it stands it looks his murder was just as tragic and sad, just as significant a loss to all of those who knew and loved him as was that of Mr. Charlebois.

And of course, I believe we must not forget the thousands of others who lost their lives that day, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Exactly!

Now, why would any of us care about either of these pilots' sexual orientation?

fifty30retard said:
It's all fine and great that you want to be "out" but save it already. Don't expect me or anyone else feel that we have to embrace your lifestyle choice. This is what irritates me so much about the whole gay pride thing. If you're gay, so what? Why do you have to flaunt it? Do your thing, live your life in privacy like most straight folks do.

All of us in the airline biz work with gay people all the time. Most are great folks, hard working love their job, etc. I don't care what their sexual preference is, it's really not my business and they don't wear it on their sleeve.

I find your motives suspect. Why would someone create a screen name of "out", have a gay pride flag avatar, and start threads about gay pilots? Seems like flamebait me. Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

Exactly. I think most gay pilots (and non-pilots) would think this kind of post is more damaging to their cause than helpful. Feel free to live your life the way you want to live it, that's what makes this country great! But please stop pointing out the fact that your gay. We got it! We know gay people exist already! I don't keep poiting out that fact that I'm straight, do I? Not that there's anything wrong with that! (One of the best Seinfeldian lines ever. Not whiney at all.) Be professional, fly safe and live your life.

Latest resources

Back