Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Call me a vicious, sanctimonious ba$tard, but boy oh BOY am I looking forward to working on 9/11.

Those filty, miserable, inhuman rats tried to ruin our spirits, ruin our economy, ruin our resolve, ruin our way of life...

Well they managed to ruin MY life for several months, managed to ruin the lives of many thousands of others as well (and, it needs to be said, ruined others' lives far more than my own)...

But here we are, just short of a year later, and I am happy to say that they haven't dulled the American spirit. Yes, they have done us damage. Yes, thousands are dead and that can't be diminished. Yes, the stock market is a mess. Yes, I still think about the World Trade Center towers and get more than a little bit pi$$ed off (as a native NY'er I took it more personally than many).

But...

A year later, I find myself back in a flying job, and find myself scheduled to fly on 9/11. I imagine that many of you with predetermined schedules know by now if you will be working that day...

I for one will take immense pleasure in signing my releases on 9/11, and every time I hand my papers through the document hatch on that day I will feel like it is an enormous F-U to the terrorist slime that tried to take away my national pride and my livelihood, as well as that of millions of my countrymen.

Comments?

I.P.

Very Well Said.

I too will be working on 9/11, but unfortunately I was furloughed from my airline job september 1st (2nd time). So I am returning to my roots for about 8-9 months. I will be working for the Navy full time and working in one of our intelligence agencies, helping to root out the evil bastards that are too cowardly to meet us on the battlefield for the far greater numbers they would lose to us. Make no mistake that the reason we were attacked is for the enemy's repulsion to freedom and liberty; a concept which robs their power to rule over their own people . It makes me happy to be one helping to ever strengthen that concept, to the goal of finally stripping all of the power away from these ruthless dictators and giving it back to their people.

I will be thinking of you all out there on 9/11. Tailwinds!

Amen!

Well said,

I too am furloughed from a major, but was fortunate enough to find employment sitting to the right of some very talented (if a bit young) captains at a regional airline.

I too will work September 11th, and will do so proudly.

I remember the week following 09/11 -- I was stuck in Charlotte North Carolina for 6 days while they attempted to "kick start" the airline again. I called scheduling each and every day begging for the opportunity to fly, to ferry an airplane, to help get the airline running again.

One year, an eighty-thousand dollar paycut, and a lot of tears later, I too am back in the air -- and I intend to provide the best service I can to our customers that day and every day.

I'll even try not to be bitter when I go through security (even though THEY benefitted from 09/11 and make twice as much as I do...)

Good luck everyone... from one of our nations 9000 furloughed ALPA pilots -- Godspeed.

I.P. Freley said:
[ Yes, I still think about the World Trade Center towers and get more than a little bit pi$$ed off (as a native NY'er I took it more personally than many).

Copy that. I'm also a native New Yorker, and I've always thought that if OBL is still alive, a fitting end for him would not be to just drop a laser-guided bomb. Instead, we should capture him, bring him to the US, and drop him off at the corner of Broadway and Canal Street. What happens, happens. You gotta problem wit 'dat?

Unfortunately, I'm not flying that day. You may have heard that Boston Logan will be closing for one minute that morning for a minute of silence. Takeoffs will be paused, and inbound aircraft will do a turn in holding. I think we should take that to a national level. Anyone who is taxiing at 0846 EST should bring the plane to a stop on the taxiway, set the parking brake, and reflect on the events of one year ago.

It is here and you guys will be flying tomorrow, we are on a ORANGE ALERT, how do you feel about that?????/:D

Company I work for has put off finalizing a rather large deal till 9/11. Were going to be in NYC tomorrow for the close then over to the stock exchange around 11 for the delayed opening.

I hope those ba$tards try something tomorrow, :mad: imagine just how aware everyone will be on those airline flights tomorrow. If someone jumps up and tries anything I would bet money that they’d never make it past first class the pax will kill them and eat them.

Or better yet one of our Air Marshals pops him a new a$$hole right between his eyes!

Which is poetic justice IMO.

I was hoping to be in the air around 9 AM, just like I was last year. Instead, I'm scheduled to lift off at 3:30 PM.

S&*%W you, Bin Laden.

Latest resources

Back