I Also Just Got A Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chicagopilot22 said:
I have over 850 hours of dual given. How much more dues do you want me to pay?
850 hours? Back in my day, 850 hours got you a job flying skydivers...and you liked it. We also had to walk to and from the drop zone and it was up hill both ways, the snow was as high as the telephone wires, we also used to keep baked potatoes wrapped in tin foil in our pockets to use as hand warmers. We only made 20 dollars a month back then, so thank goodness tap beers were only a quarter! Jeeze, buy you kids books and send you to school...

FN FAL said:
850 hours? Back in my day, 850 hours got you a job flying skydivers...and you liked it. We also had to walk to and from the drop zone and it was up hill both ways, the snow was as high as the telephone wires, we also used to keep baked potatoes wrapped in tin foil in our pockets to use as hand warmers. We only made 20 dollars a month back then, so thank goodness tap beers were only a quarter! Jeeze, buy you kids books and send you to school...

I have a feeling you're stretching the truth.

beer for $.25? I call your BS

DX Rick said:
I have a feeling you're stretching the truth.

beer for $.25? I call your BS
Haha...we also used to wear a turnip on our belt, which was the style at the time.

Captain Overs said:
Dude get a grip. In the early 90's the progression went: Instructor, Charter 135, Regional, major. Regionals were looking for 2500 total time. So don't bitch about paying your dues. 850 is a good start, but there are thousand of pilots out there who did a lot more. You should feel fortunate that many regionals have such low time. A little perspective goes a long way.

and now in the mid 00's the progression goes. Majors, regional, home depot.

dash8driver said:
and now in the mid 00's the progression goes. Majors, regional, home depot.
Or just regional, regional, regional.........(moonlighting at Home Depot, of course).

Latest resources

Back