• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I Also Just Got A Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, some of you pansy instructors can be real jackasses. Do your job and quit b!tching. And yes, I have my fair share of dual given. Its called paying your dues. Get over it.

I have over 850 hours of dual given. How much more dues do you want me to pay? Ill tell you what, why dont you give me your number and ill call you every so often and you can tell me when I have enough time to be cool.

This post was a joke, I think you might be the bitter one here

just hang in there buddy weve all been there and i was defanatley burnt out on flight instructing...just keep sendin resumes and itll come

Chicagopilot22 said:
I have over 850 hours of dual given. How much more dues do you want me to pay? Ill tell you what, why dont you give me your number and ill call you every so often and you can tell me when I have enough time to be cool.

This post was a joke, I think you might be the bitter one here

Dude get a grip. In the early 90's the progression went: Instructor, Charter 135, Regional, major. Regionals were looking for 2500 total time. So don't bitch about paying your dues. 850 is a good start, but there are thousand of pilots out there who did a lot more. You should feel fortunate that many regionals have such low time. A little perspective goes a long way.

Captain Overs said:
Dude get a grip. In the early 90's the progression went: Instructor, Charter 135, Regional, major. Regionals were looking for 2500 total time. So don't bitch about paying your dues. 850 is a good start, but there are thousand of pilots out there who did a lot more. You should feel fortunate that many regionals have such low time. A little perspective goes a long way.

Perspective does go a long way. But the perspective in a 152 in a 45 degree bank for 8 hours a day sucks any way you slice it after 850 hours.

Get your resumes out there, concentrate on your instrument students and skills, and try to keep a good attitude. This business has changed a lot since the early 90s, and though the first step to a regional has gotten easier, every step after that has gotten harder - and has substantially less financial reward.

Latest resources

Back