• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I all ready know the response I am going to get

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any airplane I look at that is associated with Florida immediately is tarred (fairly or not) with a "corrosion" issue.

IIWY I'd fly it to AZ or NV and try to sell it from there if you don't get any bites. Plus a good long flight would do it good. You can find potential squawks and fix them on your timetable rather than under the pressure of losing a prospect.

How about donating it to charity for a tax write-off? If other taxable investments are going up and the annual comes due, it might make sense.

Bingo we have a winner. Beech Dukes look fast and go fast but burn a ********************load of fuel. They get like 400HP out of those 541's but they are hangar queens unless you do you own wrenching mx costs will kill you. As I recall the tail structure has a lot of magnesium parts corrosion is a real problem with these planes. If it had the Pratt turbines on it it'd be a steal. The Lycomings? not so much

first of all I will I will get you a burn per hour... Also I would love to keep it but I am only an FO making 40K a year or I would. If you are truly interested fly it and look at the maintenance logbooks before you decide. My father has owned Cessna 177RG, Cessna 310, Cessna 421B, BEV35 and BE60. He can honestly tell you that the Duke was his most favorite,

As an A&P, the Duke was my favorite, but like you, your going to need to find a Doctor or Lawyer or such. The days of airline pilots actually owning fancy plane stopped about twenty years ago.

Bingo we have a winner. Beech Dukes look fast and go fast but burn a ********************load of fuel. They get like 400HP out of those 541's but they are hangar queens unless you do you own wrenching mx costs will kill you. As I recall the tail structure has a lot of magnesium parts corrosion is a real problem with these planes. If it had the Pratt turbines on it it'd be a steal. The Lycomings? not so much

541's?. Are we talking about a Duke here? I could have sworn they were Lycoming 720's. The 8 cylinder odd ball inverted engine. For the price you are asking, just scrap it and part it out. Those are high dollar engines by themselves. Your dad was better off keeping the 421...well maybe not. Those GSTO's can eat your wallet. I have seen nice Dukes recently being offered for less then 80K and not coming out of FL. I have wrenched on lots of planes 421's and Dukes were my money makers. Good luck trying to sell that one in this day and age of $6+ per gallon for avgas.

It is now any reasonable offer. The Duke destroys the baron. I have flown both . It has only been in FL for 3 years and before that Montana for the entire time so no corrosion.

Latest resources

Back