• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

hypothetical pay question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yip, your Godfather speak is as dead as capitalism.

If NJASAP negotiated $300000 a year pay for us captains, and $200000 for the FOs, how would y'all feel about that? How would that affect the frac industry? How would our competitors react? Would we be worried about our ability to compete?

Todd
Todd
Todd
Todd
Todd
Todd

Capitalists don't like Price Competition ... They like Cartels....

The repeal of Capitalism was the anti-trust laws.... Government Regulation of Business practices....

Mercantilists and crooks like cartels. Capitalists do not. Even if they did, the free market destroys cartels over time.

Would you want any days off with that pay, would you still want benefits and retirement with that pay?

Or you could rasie more money by selling protection to your customers, you know the kind of protection that goes like this "Sees yoous paya dhese rates or someting bad might happen to yoous or yours family"

BTW How is my Godfather speak?

Excellent Godfather speak! :)

Would you want any days off with that pay, would you still want benefits and retirement with that pay?

Or you could rasie more money by selling protection to your customers, you know the kind of protection that goes like this "Sees yoous paya dhese rates or someting bad might happen to yoous or yours family"

I used to have an FO who had flown for Zantop. He was a very good pilot, loved the Lear 25 I threw him into. :)

Here is a funny/tragic story. I was flying with a very nice moderate union guy and he gave me some good advice. He told me that if I ever cross a picket line, be ready to have my overnight bags defecated in when I am not looking, if I leave my bags in a crew lounge for a few minutes. He did not approve of that behavior, but your Godfather would. Of course, the fact that I would never do that to a striker is lost on these folks. Cheers!

Yip, your Godfather speak is as dead as capitalism.
"whats a matta yoous", Is that better? Came from a union recruiting practice here at KYIP in WWII, when building B-24 bombers. The UAW would ask you to join. if you didn't, maybe you find a flat tire on your car, back then tires were almost priceless. The union said the brotherhood looks out for each other and things like that won't happen when you join.

Mercantilists and crooks like cartels. Capitalists do not. Even if they did, the free market destroys cartels over time.

Free markets do not destroy cartels, self interest does. In the long run individuals choose what is best for them and not the cartel.

What raises and drops salaries is elasticity. The more elastic your service, the less money you make. What determines elasticity, the number and closeness of substitute goods. In today's market there are a lot of pilots and airplanes not being used or are under utilized. Until those resources are maxed out, we are at current book value.

In order to make more money you need to provide a service that nobody else provides and find somebody that wants that service bad. Now you have the ability to demand your price. Then you are a monopoly.

Latest resources

Back