Hypothetic question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
If you and your instructor got so much time and energy on your hands, why don't you get down here and save these democrats on dis train?

Maybe you can fly down there and drop off some supplies?

It wasn't that we had so much time on our hands. We were on a cross country and the topic came up.

Alin10123 said:
It wasn't that we had so much time on our hands. We were on a cross country and the topic came up.
We'll, one thing's for sure...you won't know if they'll be looking to notify the Widow Jones, untill it happens.

By the way most of my landings go, I doubt I'd be able to tell an earthquake was even happening.

FN FAL,

where did you find that Avatar. This my sound weird but I find myself watching CNN just to see video clips of the hot IDF chicks with UZIS, m-4'S, or whatever they might be carying that day. I dont know what it is about hot Israeli chicks with guns.

Wasn't one of those Airplane movies made with this exact scene in it? They touched down and then realized there was an earthquake and then took off again.

Oh how I love Hollywood.

Alin10123 said:
Just a quick hypothetical question that my instructor and i were discussing today. What would you guys do if upon touchdown while landing a big earthquake started right away. Would you full throttle it and get airborne again? Or would you try to set her down as quickly as possible and stop her as quickly as possible?

As a student you do not know better, but your instructor is a DORK! He should be teaching you flying not landing during tectonic plate movement.

Alin10123 said:
Also... often times earthquakes not only cause the ground to move side to side, they also move up and down which would create the updraft similar like in the summer time when the heat is radiating out of the ground. Would you feel the earthquake if you were in the air? How high would you feel it until?

This was just a random question that came up while talking with my instructor.

Run now! This instructor is a DORK! There are some things you simply cannot plan for, and an earthquake at the exact time of landing is one of them. RUN!!!!!!

P.S. Does this guy wear a flight suit and helmet during preflight?

Stifler's Mom said:
Wasn't one of those Airplane movies made with this exact scene in it? They touched down and then realized there was an earthquake and then took off again.

Oh how I love Hollywood.

I think I know what you're talking about.. late 80s movie or so.. plane was attempting to land somewhere in CA...

Grumman guy said:
FN FAL,

where did you find that Avatar. This my sound weird but I find myself watching CNN just to see video clips of the hot IDF chicks with UZIS, m-4'S, or whatever they might be carying that day. I dont know what it is about hot Israeli chicks with guns.
I think I got it right off of the UN's security website.

When ever I stumble across interesting photos, I right click and save them. It's kind of a dumb hobby, but I got a cd full of some interesting photos.

Is it my imagination, or was there a folding of the space time continuum?

I do remember writing those responses to a thread, but I don't remember writing them yesterday. Was there a merging of threads or is there a joke being played?

I don't mind jokes, but if someone has figured out my password, I need to do something about it.

the reply's I'm talking bout are the one about the zombies and the reply just after that one.

Changed the password as a precaution. But that was wierd.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back