Hurriccane Emily, whats everyone think its gonna do?

DenverDude2002

Ramp Rat
Total Time
So whats everyone think its gonna do? Hit Mexico, south Texas, or head north and plow into the gulf states?

ultrarunner

Total Time
hopefully it'll keep on cruising right over Mexico city. That freaking place needs a good washing. And some clean water to boot.

NookyBooky

Beach Bum Extraordanaire
Total Time
ha!
DenverDude2002 said:
So whats everyone think its gonna do?
I'm not a betting man, but if I was I would bet that it would cause very windy and rainy atmospheric conditions, along with very low pressure, within a few hundred miles of the hurricanes eye.

I'm also guessing it will rotate in a counter-clockwise direction around its center.

............. its just a guess though

scubabri

Junior Mint
Total Time
all I know is I'm right in it's path... hopefully it will slow down.

sb

EngineOut

Time to Make the Donuts!
It will single-handedly destroy my week vacation in Cozumel...that's looking like a destinct possibility.

FlyJordan

I fly Jet Blue
Total Time
niner+
My guess is it will take up alot of air time on the news and make everyone pissed off at it cause we get so freaking tired of hearing about it like we did the last one. I swear, I'm all for knowing whats going on, but 12342135236 reporters dont need to be in the middle of it taking "live footage" getting blown away and looking like retards in the process. And telling us, "Well it has just started to rain here and the wind is picking up" Well no sh!t, thats why they call it a hurricane, what the hell did you expect it to do you big dumb moron standing in the rain!?

Ahh, I'm all vented now, I feel better.

sky37d

Total Time
1000+
It's going to cause rain and destruction. As to where, South Texas, then it's going to rain all over the southwest. The last one is still causing more rain than my swimming pool can use, and I'm a 1000 miles from where it came on shore. I just wish it would quit.

Fly_Chick

Total Time
~1300
NookyBooky said:
I'm not a betting man, but if I was I would bet that it would cause very windy and rainy atmospheric conditions, along with very low pressure, within a few hundred miles of the hurricanes eye.

I'm also guessing it will rotate in a counter-clockwise direction around its center.

............. its just a guess though
I would bet on that!

A friend was in Playa del Carmen, 20 miles south of Cancun, and managed to leave today as there are no available flights tomorrow, Saturday. Should be a Category 4 by the time it hits landfall. My friend's comment on the day she arrived in Playa a month ago was "if a hurricane hits us, there will be nothing left."