Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

iaflyer

Haulin the folks...
I heard that there were massive cuts at USA Jet today. Someone posted in another thread 50% of the employees, including 28 pilots got the cut, including a regular poster here.

I hear they are going to employ 8 full time pilots :eek: and have some on-call contract pilots.

Is this correct?

They cut Porky...after 17 + years.

They cut Porky...after 17 + years.
Sorry to hear that - I would of been cut as a pilot, had I stayed. It would of been 8+ years for me.

You no longer have to ask who was cut, but instead you just have to ask, who is left.

Apparently "porky" was right.

Unfortunately, "porky" could have been right making the same predictions about a lot of companies right now.

So is this rumor true or not? Were there more layoff's/furloughs today? Sorry to all effected if its true.

I guess no "holiday party" in January...this year. No more brown-nosing speaches from the DO.

They still had the summer party the week after they laid me off. I wouldn't put it it past them. I can hear the speech now, it will include things like, "It's been a difficult year, but those of you left are going the extra mile for the company, that is why you are still here." When in fact it should be, "Thank you all for going the FINAL mile for the company, if we sprint to the end, then we can all have a nice long breather while looking for new jobs."

Hi.

8 line pilots left, to fly 9 airplanes. 5 mechs, 4 dispatchers, ??? FAs.

Who was cut?
RH, MD, Doris, PW, etc., etc.
130 AA employees cut, 115 left.

Mgmt pilots left:
DC, GW, CH, JR

Sad day...

Probably sold, or out of business by the end of the year.

cliff
YIP

PM/email me if U want more info.

Latest resources

Back