• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

khsgt

Token White Guy
Guys,
I'm starting HPA 737 Type in a few weeks, and I was wondering which hotel everybody recommended? Thanks!
Hopeful SWA guy

Did you ask HPA? I stayed at a place that charged a reasonable weekly. Fairfield Inn or something like that. I'm sure HPA has all the info on close-by hotels.

We have arranged a discounted contract rate with a nearby hotel, which in addition to a free breakfast, provides transportation to and from our training center.

This is from HPA's website.

When making your reservation, make sure that you tell them that you are with Higher Power Aviation. Rates are approximately $40.00.​

AmeriSuites - Dallas/Grand Prairie
1542 North Highway 360, Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Phone: (972) 988-6800
Fax: (972) 988-6822​

Amerisuites is the recommended. Also have heard of guys having success with priceline getting some cheap rates. Make sure there's a shuttle if you're not driving, Ground school and the Sims are in different places.

The Amerisuites is a dump! If you are there for HPA they will put you in their worst rooms with loud AC/heaters and give you terrible service. The 737 type is tough when you are comfortable.

Free

The underpass of Interstate 30 and Highway 360 is pretty nice considering it is free. All you need is a tent. Plus it's a short drive over to HPA Look to park your car at the gas station across the street but remember to tip the cashier. for not towing you. In terms of food, the dumpsters behind the Marriot (2 Minute walk) are pretty good plus free snacks at Manhattans Night Club. If you really get deseperate try the mission in downtown Fort Worth. The key is to be creative!!!

When I went there (in 2004) the Amerisuites was the way to go and most did. However I heard that earlier this year the ownership changed and is hostile to the HPA folks. Now it is no longer recommended from what I hear and most stay elsewhere.

If you have wheels and don't mind about a 15 minute drive to the HPA facilities, then you might consider the Red Roof Inn - DFW North. They have a flight crew rate of only $25.99 per night. The savings add up over the two weeks at HPA! Not sure of the address, but their phone number is 972-929-0020. Hope this helps!

60 Dude

I stayed at the Amerisuites in May. I thought it was nice. Short walk to HPA. Their contract is to get you to the sim facilities on-time. They have breakfast in the mornings. A decent workout room. My room was nice with no complaints. Employees of the hotel were nice and responsive.

Beat the h-e-double hockey sticks out some of the dumps I've lived in some parts of the Third World. Besides, you're there to study and learn, not be a part of the north Texas social scene.:rolleyes:

Good luck in your chase, er, quest.

Stayed at Amerisuites in May because I had some free nights. The room was acceptable but not great, typical Amerisuites. They transportation was awful, good thing someone in my class had car because they will not take you ANYWHERE! Amerisuites mgmt was not flexible at all with our needs. Unless you have some free nights, I would stay somewhere else.

Good luck with your type. HPA is great!

Latest resources

Back