How's things at Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LyodChristmas

Got asked to come to Salt Lake for an interview.

I'm a CRJ driver at PSA right now.

Just wondering how things are over there, and if there is any insight into where things are headed in the future (I know anyones guess), but is their any solid news good or bad.

Thanks

I think things at SkyWest are pretty good for the most part. It seems we are finally getting caught up on staffing since there isn't as much extra flying to pick up as there once was. Operationally things also seem to be getting a little better. Of course the weather helps in that department. I haven't heard any good rumors for awhile and we don't have any additional aircraft scheduled for delivery after October so growth may slow down. I think the future for SkyWest is a little uncertain at this point because of how the regional industry is becoming more and more competitive. I'm sure our management is looking at other business models (Expressjet) to expand on. My biggest concern is that we just recently lost two key management personnel who were largely responsible for our record growth over the last few years. Our new president seems like an ok guy, but every time I read something from him all I can think is that this guy is in way over his head. I still think SkyWest is a good place to work and in my 8+ years here I've really enjoyed the people I work with. I also recently flew with an ex PSA guy who was glad he made the jump to SkyWest. I would at least come to the interview and see what you think. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. Good luck!

I don't know your personal situation, married, commuter, willing to move etc.. but I left PSA for skywest, and there are several ex bluestreakers here, and I can tell you that the difference for me is night and day! PSA is a mom and pop operation, run by morons. Skywest is an airline. It has it's problems, but there is no comparison to the ******************** you guys deal with at PSA. Send me a PM, if you want some more info.

I dunno... SkyWest's hostile actions have backed the ASA guys and ALPA in a corner. If they don't agree to some sort of a deal that provides job security and industry standard pay the ASA pilots could bankrupt SkyWest in short order.

The Comair strike cost Delta $335,000.00 per pilot. That is $600,000,000 sports fans.

I do not advocate burning down the house. The ASA pilots are more than ready to be reasonable. But with no scope we have nothing to lose.

One part of US History that gets overlooked in the telling of General Sherman burning Atlanta is that most of the fires were actually set by Southern folk worried that their property would fall into the hands of, and be used by, the hostile invaders. History does repeat itself, they say.

Eastern Airlines used to occupy our Pilot Lounge. The proud spirit of those pilots who stood up to Frank Lorenzo when he transferred Eastern's assets still stirs in the place.

I'm genuinely curious. Why not burn the fields before they are taken by a hostile occupying force?

Last edited:
I dunno... SkyWest's hostile actions have backed the ASA guys and ALPA in a corner. If they don't agree to some sort of a deal that provides job security and industry standard pay the ASA pilots could bankrupt SkyWest in short order.

The Comair strike cost Delta $335,000.00 per pilot. That is $600,000,000 sports fans.

No one advocates burning down the house, but if the landlord is taking your house away from you and giving to his preferred residents, why not burn the house down?
Can't Delta can take them back if ASA isn't performing well.

Got asked to come to Salt Lake for an interview.

I'm a CRJ driver at PSA right now.

Just wondering how things are over there, and if there is any insight into where things are headed in the future (I know anyones guess), but is their any solid news good or bad.

Thanks

How far are you from upgrade? You might want to stick around and get you PIC.

We still need to hire a couple hundred more pilots to get caught up and for the midwest deliveries thru oct. If you get in now, there's still a pretty good chance of upgrading in the EMB in less than a year. Jerry was in my class a few weeks ago and it doesn't sound like we're gonna have any more growth this year that hasn't been announced already.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back