Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, I wonder how that guy made out.

dmspilot00 said:
What makes you think that? There is a shadow, all the control inputs match as far as I can tell. What gives?

Last edited:
That video on youtube does not show the entire clip that the guy did. That was the last of the video but he listed his injuries on the end. He did not just walk away. I remember punctured lung, broken ribs, broken and dislocated limbs as well as a back injury. I used to instruct in those quicksilvers and likely what happened is the gas tank is located over and infront of his head. There is a fuel shutoff located right at the bottom of that tank. It is a very small lever and can easily get overlooked in a fast preflight. I should know-thats about how long the engine ran when it happened to me when the owner/student shut it off after a flight and we were resting for the next one. luckily we were over the lake I just nosed over and dove for the lake. The one mistake he did make was pulling back on the stick. That ultralight does not have a glide ratio-when the engine quits-look between your legs because thats where you are landing.

Wow, I wonder how that guy made out.

2 broken vertebrae, broken scapula, broken pelvis, broken ribs, dislocated shoulder, and punctured lung.

The site says 'out of gas', but it was most likely a lean run followed by an engine seizure. Very common with 2-strokes.

The one mistake he did make was pulling back on the stick. That ultralight does not have a glide ratio-when the engine quits-look between your legs because thats where you are landing.

I dunno, I saw him jab it forward, and then flare when it was clear he was going in the trees.

Latest resources

Back