Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

QOL_is_great:)

What the?
Doesn't matter what company you are from. Only wondering how and hoping all are doing well.

How are things on the road for those you us who are working?
Are those of us still having fun while working?
Flying a lot?

How are those of us who have been furloughed?
Are you making the best of a poor, hopefully a temp, situation?
Who has found a cool, fun or strange new job to fill the void of not flying in the fractional world?

Hey, hope everyone is finding a way to have fun and keep sane regardless of the cards that have been dealt.

It's time to vent whether it's good news or bad.

Worked my butt off last tour.

Flex-furloughed.
Holding my own, still collecting.
Couple of irons in the fire, but still a wait and see situation.

Worse part in my mind, not knowing.

Do I commit to another company, they all want a promise of a year or so, or do I wait?

Even though called an "inactive employee" in the furlough paper, have not had one word about anything from the company.

How's Fred doing?

Hung

Flying seems to have stabilised. I have been flying live legs on first and last day, so hopefully that is a good sign.

QOL_is_great:) said:
Doesn't matter what company you are from. Only wondering how and hoping all are doing well.

How are things on the road for those you us who are working?
Are those of us still having fun while working?
Flying a lot?

How are those of us who have been furloughed?
Are you making the best of a poor, hopefully a temp, situation?
Who has found a cool, fun or strange new job to fill the void of not flying in the fractional world?

Hey, hope everyone is finding a way to have fun and keep sane regardless of the cards that have been dealt.

It's time to vent whether it's good news or bad.

I'm also furloughed and waiting to see what fall brings. Unemployment lasts until around January so I'm not looking too seriously for new jobs. Most aren't worth my time or want a training contract anyways, and I'm not willing to commit until the recall agreement expires.

Just trying to enjoy my summer. I locked up my apartment where I don't know anybody and have been staying with friends and family. It's bittersweet. I miss my job and want to go back ASAP, but at the same time, it's been one hell of a fun summer so far.

Time to grab some lunch, a 12-pack, and head out on the water. Boat, friends, and beer have done wonders for keeping me sane.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there, and thanks for asking. :beer:

On duty at home again. I've flown 3 days out of the last 24 and I think my sanity is starting to pay the price. Better than being unemployed though. On the upside i've been able to get back on my workout schedule.

ESF, I'm glad to hear there's a silver lining for you. I think it's great that you're making the most of this unplanned opportunity to spend time with family and friends.

HS, I agree that being in limbo is very difficult and the lack of information would certainly make it worse. Is there a committee in the pilotgroup acting as representatives, liaisons, etc with management that could keep the furloughed pilots in the loop? If so, perhaps they could share some info that would help with the tough decision facing you?

QOL, my husband's job is as safe as any in aviation these days, but my family is still being cautious with our finances. Summer vacation is a series of short camping trips--inexpensive family fun. Over the weekend we were camped next to a Frontier pilot/family who is thinking of flying overseas if he gets furloughed. He'd take his family and stay a few years.

Does overseas flying have a minimum time commitment applicants sign up for? For those in the position to make it work, I think it would be an adventurous way to get something good out of a furlough situation. I echo ESF's sentiments. Best Wishes to the frac community! NJW

Twotter, from a family perspective, I think it's great that some of the employed pilots are getting extra time at home. For a frac pilot there's usually c************************* to get caught up on, projects to do w/kids, the house, etc and days off can go very quickly. I know that some of the NJ pilots wish there was a way to bid their preference of home or away. I'm sure lots of wives would like that too...;) I agree with your positive thinking. Making the most of the extra time is wise...and in your case...healthy. :) NJW

I am hoping some of you guys that are not with your company (regardless of the it is) are making this best of the situation.

Recently I had some down time in TTN and sat talking with a couple of guys from Flex. It was a great conversation and not much about our industry. They were in good spirits too. It was refreshing and a welcome time. Hope everyone out on the airways are having fun. It's summer so there is a lot of fun to be had.

Cheers!

... For a frac pilot there's usually c************************* to get caught up on...

I just noticed all those ***** :0 It's not a secret code for household tasks; I just have a rowdy 8 yr old daughter who bounced into the room happy that her chore was done. I, also, hope that the pilots and their families are enjoying the summer as much as possible these days. Time for me to clean up the camping gear so its ready next time. :) NJW

Latest resources

Back