• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How's Colgan's Q400 Operation Going?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very simple Colgan just votes the Union in....
last time I checked our seniority lists were not merged and the current attitude at Colgan is very pro union.

As far as Management propaganda, I don't really care I would rather wait in line and make some extra cash

However, I do know you need fewer 74 seat airplanes then you do 50 seat airplanes considering our block times are scheduled identical to the erjs.

I also know that we have been brought in under the arrivals into EWR when they were holding the jet routes.

We have been released from EWR ground delay programs in some cases for agreeing to accept 11 with a tailwind.

Hey, but I am sure you are much more informed then I am who actually flys the plane.

Believe whatever makes you feel good about your little jet.

A union vote requires an OC, you gonna lead it? Until someone steps up it's not gonna happen. A union doesn't come to Colgan, pilots go to a union. Oh and from what I've seen the turboprop gets no priority from ATC, flying 235 KIAS 150 nm out isn't priority.....even if you end up getting 11 with tailwind.

Maybe ATC will figure out a plan, but for now we are just in the way. The only time Colgan gets 11/29 is when it's open for Xjet and other ops. Jetblue requested and got it the other day.

Last edited:
AOh and from what I've seen the turboprop gets no priority from ATC, flying 235 KIAS 150 nm out isn't priority.....even if you end up getting 11 with tailwind.

Maybe ATC will figure out a plan, but for now we are just in the way. The only time Colgan gets 11/29 is when it's open for Xjet and other ops. Jetblue requested and got it the other day.

DCA knew how to operate the Dash 8's in and out of Reagan Airport! Holly Crap those guys were awesome, talk about knowing how to move some metal.

Last time I was in there, the controller told me that they miss having the Turbo Props, mainly because they actually help there system work.

EWR might wanna get some lessons from those DCA folks. I believe they are some of the best controllers on the East Coast.

DCA knew how to operate the Dash 8's in and out of Reagan Airport! Holly Crap those guys were awesome, talk about knowing how to move some metal.

Last time I was in there, the controller told me that they miss having the Turbo Props, mainly because they actually help there system work.

EWR might wanna get some lessons from those DCA folks. I believe they are some of the best controllers on the East Coast.

Bait and switch approach to rwy 4 last minute circle to 33 with traffic on mile final for 1!

DCA is awesome

DCA, LGA, and BOS controllers are the best!! These are 3 places where controllers know the capabilities of turboprops and fully utilize them for their operation. I will miss Saab flying in/out of these airports.

Funny,cause I just got an email from Colganickel saying they are hiring street captains on everything.
I'm thinking....uh, no

B1900 pay raise

According to a new company memo, B1900 CA pay has been increased to match SF340 CA pay. The idea is that they will be able to put Street Captains primarily in the B1900 which is significantly easier to train in and should be the junior airplane, and allow the B1900 CA that want to transition, to come to the Q400.

In theory it is a policy that should have been corrected a long time ago. Let's hope they really use it this way.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back