• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How's Colgan's Q400 Operation Going?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Q can take off and land with up to a 20 knot tail wind making any runway suitable.

That's great and how often do you do that? Yes I'm sure they try and slip you guys in there with traffic going the opposite direction.

"Ground request 11/29."
"Sorry but no." or...

"Ground request 11/29."
"OK but you're still #20 in line."

Oh and the best part, the Continental magazine talks about how great those Qs are helping with the delays. HA

Go fill out your 4 question report on how you requested that runway.

A possibility, if people dont have the flight time or experience to do it

plus, in order to avoid the 30+ airplane pile up at 9:00am departure time, they are going to that "alternate headings" now after takeoff - not strictly the Newark 7 departure. Well, whoops - when the "alternate departure headings" are in effect, rwy 11/29 departures are not authorized.

A possibility, if people dont have the flight time or experience to do it

That is not the case.

Plenty of guys at Colgan with the flight time and experience to be Captain on the Q.

Look if anyone is wants to be a street captain on the Q be prepared to have reserve from Thursday to Monday from 5AM to 5PM. It will take at least three years or so to start holding a line on the thing.

Colgan won't release the seat locks, There are quailified guys that want the Q, but, Colgan is obsessed with keeping training cost at the absolute minimum. They would rather hire guys off the street than fill openings from within...

The next union vote? How can there be one, you just got absorbed by PCL!

And as for the rest of it, well you seem to believe the Management propaganda pretty well. Keep believing that you're helping the EWR problem tremendously

Very simple Colgan just votes the Union in....
last time I checked our seniority lists were not merged and the current attitude at Colgan is very pro union.

As far as Management propaganda, I don't really care I would rather wait in line and make some extra cash

However, I do know you need fewer 74 seat airplanes then you do 50 seat airplanes considering our block times are scheduled identical to the erjs.

I also know that we have been brought in under the arrivals into EWR when they were holding the jet routes.

We have been released from EWR ground delay programs in some cases for agreeing to accept 11 with a tailwind.

Hey, but I am sure you are much more informed then I am who actually flys the plane.

Believe whatever makes you feel good about your little jet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back