How's Colgan's Q400 Operation Going?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

Not looking for flames about the low pay situation, etc. Sure, these guys are underpaid for such a big airplane yada yada yada.

How many Q400s does Colgan have operating out of EWR by now? Any initial thoughts about the operation? Are they still having parking issues due to the size of the airplane? How are the load factors thus far?

Any general impressions of flying the airplane from any Colgan pilots out there?

Last edited:
it's going awesome.... makin tons of money!! especially because those losers are flying them around for practically free!!! quick upgrade tho...

Last edited:
Not looking for flames about the low pay situation, etc. Sure, these guys are underpaid for such a big airplane yada yada yada.

How many Q400s does Colgan have operating out of EWR by now? Any initial thoughts about the operation? Are they still having parking issues due to the size of the airplane? How are the load factors thus far?

Any general impressions of flying the airplane from any Colgan pilots out there?
I think 10 Q's or so currently. Loads are good, operation leaves a lot to be desired..

Oh and Q400 FOs are not allowed to bid on schedules till further notice.....They are just assigned.

Last edited:
it's going awesome.... makin tons of money!! especially because those losers are flying them around for practically free!!! quick upgrade tho...

Even with the abysmal wages and benefits Colgan is still a money losing airline. Buddy Casey has yet to succeed at running anything.

Ferris Bueller, you're my heeeeeeeero

I think 10 Q's or so currently. Loads are good, operation leaves a lot to be desired..

Oh and Q400 FOs are not allowed to bid on schedules till further notice.....They are just assigned.

So how's working without a union going for ya?

How many people must be in the Q400 to break even? I know in the Saab it's between 4 to 7ish depending on the route. What is it on the 400?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back