Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Howard Hughes Died on Evel Knievel's Lear Jet??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I buy the story because Evil kneivel beat the crap out of a guy because he printed false stories. I would think that the present owner of the jet, if it still exists, would know if it is true.

bocefus said:
There is no question that HH was flown to Florida in a Lear and was DOA, but this BS about it being Kneivel's is just that, BS.

I think you are correct. The brain is old, but I believe Knevel used a Lear that was owned by a guy who went by the name of Whatchamacalit. Really. Don't recall his real name but he got killed in a Hansa some years ago in South Dakota.

www.bdkingpress.com

the way of the future.

p.s. I don't think the shirt is meant to imply that mormons are bad at sex, just that they're not supposed to have it until marriage.

Bluto said:
the way of the future.

p.s. I don't think the shirt is meant to imply that mormons are bad at sex, just that they're not supposed to have it until marriage.

the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.

there, i feel better

bocefus said:
Nonsense, Kneivel never owned a Lear.
Yes he did, that part isn't up for debate!

I was watching a Biography of his life on A&E recently, and they showed a couple photos of him standing next to an older style Lear that had his name and trademark stripes across it. He said at one point he owned two Lears, and they ended up being a big strain on the checkbook. Well that along with his luxury yacht, fleet of exotic sports cars, and multiple mansions!

So the general consensus so far here is that Evel's full of it and Hughes didn't die in the back of his Lear??

bocefus said:
There is no question that HH was flown to Florida in a Lear and was DOA, but this BS about it being Kneivel's is just that, BS.

NO, he was flown to HOU, not Florida. Specifically to the Intermedics FBO on the south ramp.

We had flown in to Acapulco in a private Jetstar and were staying at the Acapulco Princess when Howard Hughes occupied the top floor

We were asked to fly a sick person to Houston with our jet but they wouldn't tell us who it was for so we declined. Later found out a lear jet from a charter company in Houston flew down to fly him out and he was DOA reaching Houston. Charter company's usually use lease back arrangements from people for charter operations so the actual jet used could belong to countless people.

I think he came from Houston or had family there originally. The Knievel story is probably true.

bubbers said:
I think he came from Houston or had family there originally. The Knievel story is probably true.

Yes, his father was in the oil business, and thats where Howard started. Hughes invented/developed a rock bit for drilling, starting the Hughes Tool Company. Hughes Tool Company went on to build the Hughes family of helicopters, not the Hughes Aircraft Company, which build experimental aircraft and space vehicles.

Latest resources

Back