• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Howard Hughes Died on Evel Knievel's Lear Jet??

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
Total Time
+1500
Read this on the internet in an interview with Evel Knievel. Anyone know the validity of this story?

"I was in the jet charter business," he begins. "And one of my jets needed a hot section done on it. A hot section is where they inspect the blades for cracks and stuff. Gates Learjet was in Denver, Colorado. That's a distributor for Learjet. And I had to fly my jet clear out to Denver and back to Florida and that woulda cost me, you know, a lot of money. And my pilot told me that Summa Corporation-which was headed by a guy named Mayheu who ran the Howard Hughes Corporation-had called and said that they had a passenger who was sick and wanted him picked up in Mexico, and that we needed an ambulatory system on the jet.

"So we took out the seats and put in oxygen and they flew to Mexico and picked this guy up and two passengers. And then when they got over Texas they landed at Hobby Airport in Houston. And the fellas that were with him told my pilot that the guy was deceased. So they had the coroner there waiting for him. He was all covered up.

"So they flew on to Denver, and the next morning they read in the goddang newspaper where Howard Hughes died on this Learjet, 8155 Whiskey, and the pilots were Jeff Abrams and, I forget what the other guy's name was, the co-pilot, but he was on my goddam jet. He died on the way to Houston on the plane.

"But anyway, I charged Summa Corporation for the flight, so it saved me several thousand dollars for just flying my jet out to Denver and back to Florida."

Excerpt taken from: http://www.popsmear.com/popculture/features/17/evel.html

User546

Total Time
+1500
I found this on a Howard Hughes biography as well:

"Hughes died April 5, 1976, en route by private jet to a hospital in Houston. His drastically changed appearance and the fact that he had been seen by so few people for so long forced the Treasury Department to use fingerprints to identify his body. He left an estate estimated at $2 billion. Four hundred prospective heirs tried to inherit it but it eventually went to twenty-two cousins on both sides of his family."

Yank McCobb

Song and Dance Man
Total Time
Whether the aircraft belonged to Knievel or not I couldn't say, but I was living in Houston at the time and remember the event. Although as I recall, they specifically left Mexico for Houston. Knievel's version almost makes it sound like they decided to land in Houston after "they got over Texas".

Sig

Total Time
100%
In an unrelated note,

User997- your avatar is SPOT ON! Both Mormon chicks I banged were absolute garbage in the sack.

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Total Time
Sig said:
In an unrelated note,

User997- your avatar is SPOT ON! Both Mormon chicks I banged were absolute garbage in the sack.

bocefus said:
Nonsense, Kneivel never owned a Lear.

Nonsense, Mormon's are great in the sack!

Ok, I don't really know but I thought that's what bocefus was going to say!

F16TJ

Elated Member
Total Time
Enough
He died in a Lear alright...

Could be local legend, but a Model 23 Learjet that used to be hangered at FLL when I was a young pup was supposed to be the one he died in. It was N711. That registration was inactive for a time, but since '02 has been on the tail of a C-310Q. It was the first Learjet I ever sat in and I hope it was the one, sick I know, but true. Something about six degrees to Kevin Bacon, or something like that!:rolleyes:

Dangerkitty

Total Time
Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk. Come in with the milk.

bocefus

Total Time
There is no question that HH was flown to Florida in a Lear and was DOA, but this BS about it being Kneivel's is just that, BS.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
danger kitty, i don't get it....

flyifrvfr

Banned
CFII/MEI right seater
Total Time
I buy the story because Evil kneivel beat the crap out of a guy because he printed false stories. I would think that the present owner of the jet, if it still exists, would know if it is true.

BD King

Total Time
bocefus said:
There is no question that HH was flown to Florida in a Lear and was DOA, but this BS about it being Kneivel's is just that, BS.

I think you are correct. The brain is old, but I believe Knevel used a Lear that was owned by a guy who went by the name of Whatchamacalit. Really. Don't recall his real name but he got killed in a Hansa some years ago in South Dakota.

www.bdkingpress.com

Bluto

Total Time
>4000
the way of the future.

p.s. I don't think the shirt is meant to imply that mormons are bad at sex, just that they're not supposed to have it until marriage.

crash-proof

Total Time
Wasted
Bluto said:
the way of the future.

p.s. I don't think the shirt is meant to imply that mormons are bad at sex, just that they're not supposed to have it until marriage.

the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.the way of the future.

there, i feel better

User546

Total Time
+1500
bocefus said:
Nonsense, Kneivel never owned a Lear.
Yes he did, that part isn't up for debate!

I was watching a Biography of his life on A&E recently, and they showed a couple photos of him standing next to an older style Lear that had his name and trademark stripes across it. He said at one point he owned two Lears, and they ended up being a big strain on the checkbook. Well that along with his luxury yacht, fleet of exotic sports cars, and multiple mansions!

So the general consensus so far here is that Evel's full of it and Hughes didn't die in the back of his Lear??

User546

Total Time
+1500
And I gotta chime in on the whole "Mormon Girls in the Sack" issue here.

Some of the best and wildest sex I've ever had was with a mormon girl. Dated her for two years and she did things I didn't even know you could do! I thought all mormon's were cool like that until I found out she was just one of the rogue members! :D

But now that I truly know how crazily insane the mormons are, I don't think I could handle bagging another one of their girls!

Continue on with the debate....

Last edited:

bocefus

Total Time
Prove it user997, and please provide something more that that bogus article.

erj-145mech

Total Time
bocefus said:

NO, he was flown to HOU, not Florida. Specifically to the Intermedics FBO on the south ramp.