Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ReportCanoa said:
I rate them a 1 out of 10.

If you fly a Gulfstream for a corporate outfit or for the military...ill bite my lip because your entitled to your opinion....if you fly for the Gulfstream academy and your giving Chautauqua a 1 out of 10...then my friend you need counseling....

nyboilermaker said:
One of the first airlines to start stealing flying from Wholly Owned Airlines about 10 years ago for 1/2 the pay.
Why doens't anyone dog on the mainlines for letting their flying get reduced?

For the first 25 or so years of its life Chautauqua was a privately owned mom and pop operation that fed for USAir with at any given time up to 30 turboprops on its certificate. It was then sold to Wexford, which brought in Bedford and company. In eight years or so the company (now Republic Airways Holdings) has morphed into a publicly traded operation with five codeshares among three certificates with 166 aircraft. In the last two weeks they've announced a net growth of 54 more aircraft.
RAH Captain pay is at its most basic, comparable to the other jet regionals in the country: ( Eagle, Expressjet, Comair, Skywest/ASA, PSA, Mesaba, MAG, Pinnacle et al. When I mean most basic, I mean just that, by looking at pay rates on comparable sized aircraft at AirlinePilotPay.com. Everybody right now is more or less on a level playing field. Whether we are the root cause of that is another thread. Our contract is amendable in the fall of '07. Our last contract was by no means concessionary nor earth shattering or industry leading but given the time (Fall '03) it was a step in the right direction. I hope that the next contract will address significant increases especially for FOs given as we get larger they'll be sitting right seat for probably at least six years or more. We still have no junior manning. Scheduling calls probably sixty percent of the time I'm off asking for overtime. So there can be extra money to be made. For the past five years or so they've given X-mas bonuses. Also at the end of the year you can cash in your Paid Days Off that you've accumulated through the year. If you haven't used any sick days, both this and the X-mas bonus can amount to a pay out in the neighborhood of $6,000 at the end of the year for say a five year Captain.
Travel Benefits are based on the codeshare flying done out of your domicile. Most domiciles have at least two codeshares, while CMH has Delta, Airways, and United so you'd have priveleges on all three.
A big drawback for a lot of people are the bases, of which there are a lot. For some this might seem ideal, giving people options. But the company seems to open and close them on a whim, so it can be a perilous decision if and when you want to settle down and buy a house and live in base.
Besides all of the above there's standard Health, Vision, and Life Insurance along with 401K.

Latest resources

Back