How Will Jetblue Management Respond?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

coogebeachhotel

Well the vote is over and JBPA did not collect the 50+1.
So how will Jetblue management respond?
Facts are

1) There is a core group of 600+ pilots who feel the need of a union. F&H, MB, DB, CP's, BOB's had no effect on their choice of voting yes.

2) There is a core group of guessing 100 BOB's

3) There are many many pilots who have a "lets give them one year and get this right"

4) Much harm has been done to the morale and cohesion of the pilot group. The list put together by the BOB's is a real snake in the grass.

5) Much innuendo has been put forward by CP's about what great things are in the "folder" if the union drive fails.

So what will happen in the next 6-12 months?
Management has to know the natives are restless.

Lip service and cost-neutral "improvements." More of the same. A 33% yes vote is no incentive to do anything differently.

Lip service and cost-neutral "improvements." More of the same. A 33% yes vote is no incentive to do anything differently.

I disagree. Only 300+ more yes votes and whammy a union shows up. There are easily 500 who have a lets give them one more shot attitude. The 600+ number is the smallest it will ever be.

I hope you're right. Just remember that a union vote doesn't just get called out of the blue. It takes most of a year to get one going, and the propaganda machine will have plenty of time to crank it out again well before we're ready for another crack at it. If there are as many "wait and see" types as you claim - which I doubt as this is hardly the first "wait and see" situation we've seen lately - I can guarantee that at least half will recant after more base visits and BoB treatment. Remember, this is the same management team that didn't even acknowledge the validity of the PCRB report, much less address it in any meaningful way. That was good enough for 67% of the pilots. Next year, nothing will have changed. Sorry.

How many are they hiring this year? They will be sure the demographics ensure those new hires will be "very happy" to just have a job let alone vote.

How Will Jetblue Management Respond?
With hearty laughter, big glasses of single malt & nice fat Cuban cigars.

How many are they hiring this year? They will be sure the demographics ensure those new hires will be "very happy" to just have a job let alone vote.

Yep, so we can keep hearing:
It's better than Mesa
It's better than Tran States
It's better than......

Not that another union drive isn't on the minds of management, but I'm thinking they have a bit more on their plate than to give it much thought at this time....

Latest resources

Back