Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How & When Will The Other Fractionals Respond to NJA TA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess they did their job a little too good last year driving off pilots, now when they want to hire it is coming back to bite them on the a$$.

That's karma for you.

To all of you pilots at FLOPS, I wish you the best for your futures. Hopefully HIG will realize that a motivated, respected work force is a crucial portion of the fractional business.

PIC workload to increase

If flops can't get who they want they will just keep lowering the minimums until they get warm bodies to fill the seats. Its not like new SIC's have to be ready to upgrade in a year or two. They would be looking at ten years to upgrade probably.

PIC's get ready to play flight instructor and double your workload out there. Have fun! :laugh:

HS

jonjuan,

I have a friend who flies for FedEx. Man, he is really raking it in! And you should see the gargantu-house he just built with his own private runway to use when he plays in his Stearman and T-6!

BUT, he's 48 and looks like he's 65. The years of long nights, always running his body against its natural circadian rythem, have really taken their toll on him.

I'll take my 'measely' $132K/year (with O/T and holidays will bring me close to $160K, plus full medical, a great 401K, and 4 weeks of vacation a year, and living almost wherever I want without a commute, just to name a few perks) and normal aging and lifespan over his paycheck and lifestyle, and premature aging any day of the year.

If flops can't get who they want they will just keep lowering the minimums until they get warm bodies to fill the seats. Its not like new SIC's have to be ready to upgrade in a year or two. They would be looking at ten years to upgrade probably.

PIC's get ready to play flight instructor and double your workload out there. Have fun! :laugh:

HS

I will not stand by and have our owners flying with substandard (low time) copilots. I might have to think about telling our owners that their copilot has 800 total time, and how do you feel about that mr. money bags?

Nj and anyother Fract will have a field day with this in their marketing plans.....

jonjuan,

I have a friend who flies for FedEx. Man, he is really raking it in! And you should see the gargantu-house he just built with his own private runway to use when he plays in his Stearman and T-6!

BUT, he's 48 and looks like he's 65. The years of long nights, always running his body against its natural circadian rythem, have really taken their toll on him.

I'll take my 'measely' $132K/year (with O/T and holidays will bring me close to $160K, plus full medical, a great 401K, and 4 weeks of vacation a year, and living almost wherever I want without a commute, just to name a few perks) and normal aging and lifespan over his paycheck and lifestyle, and premature aging any day of the year.

Man your not kidding! Last year went to dinner with a college buddy on at UPS. He had been there for at least 5 years.

Anyway he was 32 looked late 40's. He was a DC-8 F/O doing nothing but night since he hired on. He really looked like SH!T from the neck up!

Hi Cliff.

This is most likely never going to happen at Flex. I will be surprised if they just opened up more bases. The DO has stated he will not open more bases, so we are stuck, at least for now, with DFW, DEN, FLL and EWR.

CL300pilot

Hi!

Any more info on FlexJet going to Home Basing?

cliff
YIP

Any hint of change at Citationshares yet? Have they mentioned whether they would consider any changes to the pilots?

Clearly they have to be concerned about a potential exodus among junior pilots - like the other fracs. I would be frustrated as a CS pilot if silence or inaction continued...

Nothing yet, and you're absolutely correct. Saying nothing to us is MUCH worse...

HS

Did that at the regionals and its no fun! lol But Flex can not lower their hiring mins so I am guessing we will be like Atlas and Arrow that if you are not retired or have a serious mark on your record you cant work for us.

Hi!

Heard Flt Ops had 40 invited to interview, 4 showed up, 2 offered employment, 0 accepted.

Anyone else confirm the above???

cliff
YIP

Man your not kidding! Last year went to dinner with a college buddy on at UPS. He had been there for at least 5 years.

Anyway he was 32 looked late 40's. He was a DC-8 F/O doing nothing but night since he hired on. He really looked like SH!T from the neck up!

I talked to a FEDEX Capt last year who was nearing retirement. Of all of his friends who had retired from FEDEX, only ONE was still alive past the age of 65. I couldn't believe it and thought he was pulling my leg. Absolute truth. Scary.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back