• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How touching...someone hold me.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not at Comair, but I've seen how things are going at my regional (aka. dysfunctional circus) and it seems like the management group can't even plan for tommorrow let alone 6-12 months in the future. If you couple mainline's ever changing block hour requirements along with the masses that are leaving the industry everyday it makes planning for staffing nearly impossible. I would think that most regional airlines are going to staff heavier than they first anticipated 2 months ago because they are worried that their customers will ramp up block hours quicker than they can put pilots (captains who downgraded, and fo's that were furloughed) back on line. Either way, a slide in oil prices, and the loss of pilots to other industries/ countries from both the top and bottom of seniority lists will help keep pilots working.

I think if the number of furloughs was going to increase, they would not cancel this one, they would just add another displacement bid in a couple of weeks.
But we are dealing with some major retards here, so who knows.

Last edited:
reminiscent of days gone by. Like way back in the beginning when you come out of the run up pad and just start to taxi your little plane on the runway... Man it seemed like the sky was the limit.

I digress.

Been having some of these moments too. If you go to BHM go to the Southern Air Museum, sit in the theater, and watch the movie. It brings you back to those days.

Latest resources

Back