How to Quit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jimbodawg

Hi everyone. So I finally meet the requirements for most regionals and ALL OF A SUDDEN 5 airlines call me for interviews! This all happened in less than 7 days.

Now I am stuck because I can't really get the days off from work. I want to quit, but I am a little worried about not getting any of my jobs and then I will have nothing to go back to. Although I have a 135 IFR PIC current checkride. I think the only way I can take all of my interviews is to quit, unfortunately without a 14 day notice.

Anyone out there been in my position before? Any advise?
Can anybody cover for me in the South Florida area ;)
Thank you

#1, you don't have any of those jobs yet, so you might not get any, and then what will you do when you are jobless.

Got to know when to hold them, know when to Fold them!

First of all everyone that has worked any amount of time has gone through this especially in this business...Second, your employer should understand this is what you have been working for, and should want you to excel in your life. I would first off be honest with them and tell them you have been offered some interviews that you need time off for, if they dont want to work with you then the choice is tough, reevaluate your position,i.e. competitive experience to be sure you have a good shot at getting hired....ask questions make sure...then with confidence step off the cliff and go to the interviews.....By all means give a 2 week notice to your employer....references are important, be an adult, be honest and move to the next chapter of your life....just remember you were looking for work when you got where you are now, at worst case you can find another 135 gig..

JMHO.....just one of life's challenges, Go for It!

Don't quit your day job.

Do you know how many resumes from low time pilots are sitting on the HR desk? Have you done your homework regarding salaries, moving expenses, crew domiciles and rent?

It's called an interview - not a job offer!

Remember, a bird in the hand gathers no moss.

Take vacation or call in sick. Remember, your job offer will not be concrete. You have to pass the background check, and your last employer is the first place they are gonna call.

If your times are legit and you aren't a tool, odds are pretty good that at least one in five will offer you a job. That being said, you could be put into a pool and dog paddle there for a couple months. Can you survive in that scenario?

All that being said, I'd say you've gotta do whats best for your career. You'll never move up if you can't ever interview. Talk with your boss, but talk to other pilots at the company first if there is even a chance they can cover for you. Its better to come into the discussion with solutions rather than just issues.

Good luck...

400A said:
Take vacation or call in sick. Remember, your job offer will not be concrete. You have to pass the background check, and your last employer is the first place they are gonna call.

And risk losing both jobs when they figure out you called in sick to interview? Good luck with that one. It's happened more than once. Just be careful.

Jimbodawg-------Obviously you know your boss. As an employer, I never held it against an employee who was looking elsewhere to better themselves. Actually, I want to know when someone is looking, then, I too can plan.

www.bdkingpress.com

Latest resources

Back