• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to prepare for new hire class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take this "any way you want it, that's the way you need it" (sorry, Journey just started playing and I couldn't resist). I have seen five guys wash out at two different airlines (neither of which was named Chautauqua, Republic, or Shuttle America). All washed out during simulator training. In my opinion, every single one of these guys over studied.

The weekend before CPT training started at my first company my partner and I came in to the training center at about 10:00 am, we stayed for about two hours (with very frequent breaks), when we got there there was another group who had been there from about 8:00 am. We took a lunch break and returned at about 4:00 pm for another hour of practice, the other group was still there (they had taken an hour lunch break) and was there when we left. Later they told me that they had stayed until about 8:00 pm. When we left they couldn't do a flow to save their lives. One would say the name of the flow, and the other would stare at the CPT. They were completely burnt out, but refused to admit it and eventually failed when they had to perform.

Learn your memory items and limitations, if you want, before class. Learn systems in class and study enough to know the material (no more).

Good luck.

Well, here's all you need to know. Classes: nothing before eleven. Beer: It's your best friend. Drink alot of it. Women? Well your a freshman so it's pretty much out of the question. Will you have a car? Someone on your floor will. Find them and make friends with them on the first day.

But really all you need to do know are the memory items and limitations. They will teach you what they want you to know. More importantly try to find four of five guys that aren't dorks and make it a mission to find the best bars in the city.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back