• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fedmagnet

10"s Bottle to Throttle
It is time to spread the knowledge.
Please post any thing that you have learned through experience on preflighting a Flight Options Citation X.

Walk out to plane.

Look at it... from about..
50 feet = 5 items
25 feet = 20 items
10 feet = 25 items
5 feet= get a new pen, and copy a lot more writeup sheets.

Walk back inside and call mx.

It is time to spread the knowledge.
Please post any thing that you have learned through experience on preflighting a Flight Options Citation X.

Dude, what's your agenda anyways? You want to know how to preflight *break* a Legacy, Ten, and a Beechjet. I know you don't really want to know common things found on a preflight, or you wouldn't have specified a "Flight Options" Legacy, Citation Ten, etc...

Dude, what's your agenda anyways? You want to know how to preflight *break* a Legacy, Ten, and a Beechjet. I know you don't really want to know common things found on a preflight, or you wouldn't have specified a "Flight Options" Legacy, Citation Ten, etc...

His agenda is to put his company out of business. It is a contract negotiating tactic.:rolleyes:

While I do not support anyone who operates broken aircraft. This is a little extreme.

I wish you guys the best in your contract negotiations. You deserve it. I just do not think this is the way to do it.

Last edited:
The knowledge shared here could save a life. Share the knowledge.

His agenda is to put his company out of business. It is a contract negotiating tactic.:rolleyes:

While I do not support anyone who operates broken aircraft. This is a little extreme.

I wish you guys the best in your contract negotiations. You deserve it. I just do not think this is the way to do it.

Thank you for noticing my point. That illustrates my problem with these people all along. Why would you put the company that you are trying to get more money from out of business? It just doesn't make sense. I see it as the whole " biting the hand tha feeds" dilemma. And, you end up taking out a bunch of other people that depend on the company that are niether pro-union or anti-union, they just want to work.
Why????:mad:

His agenda is to get a contract. If more people thought like he did you would of had it by now. They are not going to give a dime unless they have too. BTW Netjets wouldn't of come close to a industry leading contract if we wouldn't of shared his agenda. Im glad to see some one trying to earn a contract instead of burring their heads in the sand waiting for management to give them a pay raise out of the kindness of their own hearts.

What method would you suggest?

Negotiation for 5 or 6 years:confused:

I think the stand that Net Jets took was more professional. Please understand I am not looking to start a name calling war or a Flame battle.

The major difference I see is that Net Jets had a little more financial base to answer the demands with. When Options can not even pay its creditors, then I do not know how they will give the crews raises.

I agree, you guys are treated like crap and lied to on a regular basis. I think maybe management knows that Options may not be quite as unified as Net Jets. A few Pilots writing up every MX discrepancy they can find will not accomplish anything other than giving yourself a bad name.
Just do not forget that you may need a reference some day and if you were always grounding aircraft it may come back to haunt you. As I have said before, I do not expect anyone to fly unsafe aircraft, but running up more MX bills that they can not pay may be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Latest resources

Back