How to Get a UPS interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cptfowler

Would working as a part time package handler help a guy get a pilot interview if you don't know any pilots who work for UPS? I am currently on furlough from an airline that is unlikely to be in business by next year. I have had my application on line about one year. Thanks for any info!

It couldn't hurt and would be a nice way to make some holiday cash. I don't think there is any program that promises interviews to part time employees, however you could run into someone who can help your cause. The gateway managers have a great deal of influence with the company. As an additional benefit, your experience working for UPS will reflect positively on your motivation to work here with the interview team. The best advice is to find someone here on the seniority list that can recommend you. I was given the same advice when I tried to get hired here. I didn't think I knew anyone at UPS until I checked the seniority list and found a few familiar names.

While there is no stated plans to hire, I believe they will start hiring in January and continue at high rate throughout the year.

I'm sorry to hear that where furloughed. I wish you the best of luck.

working as a sorter to get a pilot job..

Cpt Fowler,
I actually asked a manager about this subject before and was told that you are required to work for the company for two years as a Sorter or driver or whatever before you could get "cudo" points for "working on UPS the team" That being said, I say do what ever you have to do to get hired. If you can work something out that will get you an interview, do it. Nothing is ever written in stone... Know what I mean.
From what I know (which isnt much) We stopped interviewing in Oct and started up again in Nov. Rumors run rampid around SDF, no one knows for sure what is going to happen as far as hiring, The head honchos in ATL make the final decision and passes it down. Then it happens. The feeling is that hiring could possibly start up again the first quarter of 2002. We all want new pilots on the property tomorrow, but we'll have to wait and see. Good luck.

Hey UPS Capt... How and where did you get that cool UPS delivery guy on your post. Very cool... :)

How do you get a hold of the seniority list? As UPS Capt said, you need to know one of us to get the list . You can, however, make connections through networking. During my job search, I asked many friends if they knew anyone at UPS that would be willing to talk to me. I was referred to a very helpful individual who provided tremendous insight into the corporate culture here as well the application process. I'm also ex-Navy, so was able to make a connection by asking if he knew of any former Nasal Radiators at UPS. I noticed that you also flew tweets, so your Air Force network should be equally helpful. This advice works for Civilian pilots as well, tracing common "ancestry".

.....Hope this helps

>>Hey UPS Capt... How and where did you get that cool UPS delivery guy on your post. Very cool... <<

Somebody posted it on the IPA bar and grill some time ago and I saved it.

ups hiring

I recommended someone who once worked for the company and from the time I put in the rec until he started class was a little less than 2 months, I am given to understand that it usually doesn't work this fast. In addition the guy I recommended told me that they were very impressed by the fact that he had worked here (in a non flying position) and chose to return.
However he did work here for 4 years.

>>I recommended told me that they were very impressed by the fact that he had worked here (in a non flying position) and chose to return.<<

Impressed?!? More like, surprised!

Latest resources

Back