How to figure out cruise Alt in a jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cougar6903

The choices were 1 weight 2 temp 3 and something about engine output. I couldn't find the answer in the turbine pilots flight manual. Any ideas?

Weight and ISA deviation. Engine output I don't get. Altitude and ISA dictates what the engine will put out.

You are not giving us much to start with. Was the question worded exactly the way that you stated? Was this a question from an FAA test of some sort?

Weight, temp and engine output are performance issues. There is quite a bit more to look at than just performance.

To start with draw a straight line and then begin to consider Navaids, terrain, airspace, hemispheric rule, winds, aircraft performance, fuel burn, weather, notams, and that’s just to list a few. I am sure that you could rack you brain a bit and come up with more. It’s not really that much different in a jet.

Dosent dispatch figure it out for you?

You are not giving us much to start with. Was the question worded exactly the way that you stated? Was this a question from an FAA test of some sort?

Weight, temp and engine output are performance issues. There is quite a bit more to look at than just performance.

To start with draw a straight line and then begin to consider Navaids, terrain, airspace, hemispheric rule, winds, aircraft performance, fuel burn, weather, notams, and that’s just to list a few. I am sure that you could rack you brain a bit and come up with more. It’s not really that much different in a jet.

The question was asked at a regional interview. I agree that it does not give much info. Thats the main reason I posted it. I figured one of the answers is "more correct" then the others.

Since I have your attention and we are on the topic of interview questions

What is the basic difference between FAR 91, 135, 121?

Maybe that Part 91 rules also apply to Parts 121 and 135 but Parts 121 and 135 don't necessarily apply to Part 91 operations.

Latest resources

Back