How to become a training pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

merikeyegro

Does anyone know how to go about becoming a training instructor at an airline? I currently am a CFI but have my ATP and a whole bunch of flight time. I'm interested in working for the airlines but in more of a training capacity than flying. Any help?

Also, where are the training bases located? For instance, I know that NWA is at NATCO in Eagan, MN. Any help here? Also, if you know where the smaller airlines train, please let me know.

Any info is good. Thanks, y'all...

Training Pilot?

I am assuming that you are referring to simulator instructors as "training pilots." American's simulators are mostly in Dallas, Delta's in Atlanta, United in Denver, Southwest in Dallas, Continental in Houston, etc. Many of these companies use line pilots as simulator instructors, although many mix in non line pilots to hold down costs. If you want to be a simulator instructor, contact the airline in the city you want to live in and apply.

Pilot Training instructors

Fedex hires professional instructors for both simulator and classroom here in MEM.

.. . . I think you just apply online.

Another stepping stone would be to appy at companies that provide type ratings for corporate jets, such as Simuflite, Flight Safety, SimCom, etc. Locations vary throughout the country.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back