Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PAPA FOX!

Super Bowl bound 2008!!
Just stumbled across this site. Although it is geared towards non-aviation careers, I'm sure many of you would find this material useful. A lot of what he talks about has been hashed over on flightinfo as well. I am in no way affiliated with Jack Chapman but I think it will help out a lot those who have that important job interview on the horizion.

Of course, getting an interview in the first place is the most critical item. Without that, all the advice in the world is meaningless. Even Jack acknowledges this when he says "...if you're lucky enough to get an interview...."

Maybe he ought to write another "book" telling us the secrets of getting an interview with a 100% money-back guarantee on that!

Reminds me of a system I tried about 10 years ago with an aviation coach and I was one of their "tougher" clients in that I was unemployed at the time.

He promised me my money back if I did not get a single interview using his system after 6 months. That's how sure he was that his system worked. We worked real hard together but unfortuately the aviation/airline business does not readily lend itself to this kind of thing. Sure it's interesting reading and you might learn a few tricks, but you still have to get the interview and compete with thousands of equally qualified candidates for ever-decreasing opportunities. I have yet to come across a fool-proof system that works every time.

What happened in my case? I got my money back after 6 months of nothing!!!!

In the end I started over and did it all myself the old fashioned way. Am happy with the job I currently have and I did NOT need a special coach.

I have actually known Jack Chapman for several years, as he is a colleague of mine. I cannot endorse his product as I have not reviewed it. I have his book, "How to make $1,000 a Minute," and it strictly deals with how to avoid the salary issue until the last minute. I have also heard him speak and he does know his stuff.

In my opinion, if Jack says you will get your money back - you will. He has a great deal of integrity.

However, the things that are listed in this package seem to be more common sense things, not something that would truly "replace" an actual interview coach. There are several books out there on behavioral interviewing that you can buy. But once you go through interview coaching with someone, you will see that no book can replace the feedback you will receive from YOUR answers.

Now, understand, I am NOT saying you need interview coaching. Even if you practice with a spouse, friend or perhaps someone you know that conducts interviewing, you are going to be better off than reading a book.

JMHO

Latest resources

Back