• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How stupid is this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly. And driving is a priviledge not a right and if she doesn't want to comply to the law then let her walk everywhere or take a cab. Or move somewhere else. That's what's wrong with this country now. We are afraid to hurt someones feeling by telling them to pack sand and hit the road. Let political correctness die.

Just an observation.
If she wears the veil when she is driving, how would you like to be anywhere near her on the road - not that she would know that you were.
Talk about blind spots.

First, the suit was just filed and there has NOT been any ruling.

Second, driving is a privilege (just like flying). Therefore, the statute stating that "the state cannot infringe upon an individual's religion" has not merit. The State isn't requiring her to remove the veil to be out in public places. The State is only requiring the removal of the veil for positive identification regarding the Driver's License. If she doesn't want to remove the veil, she doesn't have too. If she would like to obtain a Driver's License, then she will have to display her fact.

What is a right? The right to vote (unless you are a felon). The right of unreasonable search and seizure. 1st Amendment, 5th Amendment, etc.

Privileges: flying, driving, boating, etc.

Third, I didn't see O'Reilly, but if it is true that IL let her obtain your DL w/o the facial picture then they either have a different law on the books requiring id or the DMV didn't follow the law(s) on the books.

"Anyone wearing a veil in this country, in our current state of public awareness on terrorism should be treated like a man wearing a mask, walking into a bank. No exceptions."

What the hell's wrong with this country?

Re: GO BACK

Dep676 said:
Kick her A$$ out of the country then. That wasn't hard to figure out. Go back where you came from.

Did you get your ID picture taken with or without your klan hood?

I believe she's actually american born, also most muslim women dont cover their faces.

Easy ways to stop terrorism

Stop supporting religous governments with our tax dollars
stop supporting monarchies and dictatorhips, and tie U.S aid and business with democratic reform.
Freedom is a human right, not just an American privelege.

sos JTB:

Finally someone who actually makes some sense!

I could not have said it better.

Full Blooded American

I am so sick and tired of immigrants coming into the US expecting a hand out. If the Muslim woman is indeed from the Middle East, then I believe that if she wants to play the "culture game", then take away her right to drive. Let her walk instead, but make sure she walks behind her husband. We as Americans need to wake up. This liberal "politically correct" B.S. is just that. I received an e-mail that best sums it up…

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of
this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently
some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women
who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some
Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our
culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his
opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Re: Full Blooded American

airmack said:
I am so sick and tired of immigrants coming into the US expecting a hand out. If the Muslim woman is indeed from the Middle East, then I believe that if she wants to play the "culture game", then take away her right to drive. Let her walk instead, but make sure she walks behind her husband. We as Americans need to wake up. This liberal "politically correct" B.S. is just that. I received an e-mail that best sums it up…

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of
this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently
some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women
who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some
Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our
culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his
opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Hey simpletons, She is a US born citizen. The problem is not with her religion or nationality. This should not even be an issue, if you don't show your face for a drivers licence photo then you don't drive. Simple as that. You silly people try to make every thing into an Al Queda(sp) war. It is just the cable news world trying to get simple people to get outraged and STAY TUNED>>>>

Watch something else, try Miami Vice the reruns are great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back