How some US East pilots could gain seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCDU

Skybus needs airbus Captains bad. They are having a hard time finding qualified pilots. So go over there, get ALPA on the property and since you have a Columbus Hub with Airbuses, Parker will want to merge.Since relative position is the name of the game and not your length of servive you would move up a few thousand numbers. Lets say 4400 to 750. Pretty clever.

Marty

I'm confused. So they decertify ALPA at AAA and then vote it in at Skybus?

or, TWA pilots sue ALPA over the APA staple job then defend it when
they get a job at AWA and staple AAA........? Yes, very confusing indeed.

Last edited:
or, TWA pilots sue ALPA over the APA staple job then defend it when
they get a job at AWA and staple AAA........? Yes, very confusing indeed.
I don't know why you bring TWA into this but suit yourself. If you're confused it can only be due to lack of intellectual capacity.

Facts, not opinion:

The TWA Pilots' suit against ALPA alleges failure of DFR
The APA through Supplement CC stapled about 2/3 of active TWA pilots
The Nicolau Award didn't staple any active AAA pilots as of the merger date
A DOH (even corrected for LOS) integration would've stapled over half the AWA pilots

I've always advocated ALPA Merger Policy as the fairest way to integrate pilot groups, come what may. Very curious that you'd try to denigrate me for supporting this.

I don't know why you bring TWA into this but suit yourself. If you're confused it can only be due to lack of intellectual capacity.

Facts, not opinion:

The TWA Pilots' suit against ALPA alleges failure of DFR
The APA through Supplement CC stapled about 2/3 of active TWA pilots
The Nicolau Award didn't staple any active AAA pilots as of the merger date
A DOH (even corrected for LOS) integration would've stapled over half the AWA pilots

I've always advocated ALPA Merger Policy as the fairest way to integrate pilot groups, come what may. Very curious that you'd try to denigrate me for supporting this.

Thanks for the history lesson and, your rationalizations only denigrate
yourself. Why not drop your lawsuit now that you are furloughed from TWA since only active pilots have standing in your opinion?
Where is the merit in your suit now?

Your time at TWA should count for nothing as should mine at AAA. Funny how every former TWA guy I fly with now says we at AAA got screwed worse them they by ALPA and APA, except you of course.

Last edited:
Thanks for the history lesson and, your rationalizations only denigrate yourself.
What rationalizations? I support ALPA Merger Policy, come what may.
Why not drop your lawsuit now that you are furloughed from TWA since only active pilots have standing in your opinion?
What in the sam hill does the TWA lawsuit have to do with AWA/AAA? Nothing. Woerth sold TWA out to appease the APA. That's what the DFR suit alleges. The AAA pilots are angry because for some reason they thought they'd get from the arbitrator something close to what they asked. They think that since they really, really, really disagree with Nicolau ALPA should set aside the Award.
Where is the merit in your suit now?
Same place it's always been.
Your time at TWA should count for nothing as should mine at AAA.
The Nicolau Award is clear on his reasoning. The snapshot date and reasonable expectations for the future is what counted. Not the past.
Funny how every former TWA guy I fly with now says we at AAA got screwed worse them they by ALPA and APA, except you of course.
And some people still think the world is only 5000 years old. BFD.

What rationalizations? I support ALPA Merger Policy, come what may.What in the sam hill does the TWA lawsuit have to do with AWA/AAA? Nothing. Woerth sold TWA out to appease the APA. That's what the DFR suit alleges. The AAA pilots are angry because for some reason they thought they'd get from the arbitrator something close to what they asked. They think that since they really, really, really disagree with Nicolau ALPA should set aside the Award.Same place it's always been.The Nicolau Award is clear on his reasoning. The snapshot date and reasonable expectations for the future is what counted. Not the past.And some people still think the world is only 5000 years old. BFD.

Looks like VT is just flaming you for the fun of it. Troll alert.

Latest resources

Back