How similiar is the EMB175 to a CRJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would like to know any selling points!

E170/175 have a roomier cabin. E170's seats on the LCC side of RAH are 31" seat pitch and the seats are 1" wider than the Airbus coach seats. Passengers frequently comment on how comfortable the aircraft is.

Large windows in the 170/175...no ducking to look out.

No gate checked bags unless there is no overhead space available. Standard TravelPro fits with no problems.

In a nutshell, the E170 systems is fully computerized and automated. Flight controls are Fly-By-Wire except for the ailerons.

Can't tell you about the cockpit. I'm told that the -700 and-900 CRJs are big improvements over the -200. I have commuted in all three CRJ airframe types and find the latter two much more comfortable that the -200.

T8

I rode in the back of a shuttle 170 one day...and it blows the crj away, big time..even the 737 and 757 are not as nice(comfort wise...not paycheck wise)

Now, about the cockpit, I have no idea what's up front in that plane. I know the crj series and the 700/900 are a huge improvement compared to the 200...especially for the engines.

I would be curious to go fly on a challenger to see the difference, especially the newer ones.

Does the E170 have loud avionics cooling fans? The -200 fans are loud and the -700 fans are louder. You wouldn't need a headset without them (not that I've ever accidentally turned them off with the bleeds supplying air so the "AVIONICS FAN" message isn't displayed).

Does the E170 have loud avionics cooling fans? The -200 fans are loud and the -700 fans are louder. You wouldn't need a headset without them (not that I've ever accidentally turned them off with the bleeds supplying air so the "AVIONICS FAN" message isn't displayed).

No...you can hear them, but not like the Bombardier products. The bleed air/recirc air is louder than the fans, anyway.

T8

Latest resources

Back