• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How similiar is the EMB175 to a CRJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they have some similarities depending on what CRJ model your flying....i have not personally flown either but I talk to alot of guys around about the 170/175 series. If youve flown the 700/900 series CRJ then you are familiar with some type of FADEC system, also the 170 has autothrottles, I do not know if the 700/900 CRJ does. As far as automation goes the 170 has all the bells and whistles a 737 or A320 has. It is much more automated than the 200 series CRJ, but im not sure about the bigger CRJ's. Our 170 drivers say its a sweetheart to handfly, easy to land, etc....at any rate if you have experience in any type of CRJ, I would think the transition would be a nonevent.

Transition to this airplane is not a problem, but it does not have the same anything. It has equipment that will do the same job. Example if you use the fire push button in the CRJ or the T handle in the EMB, guess what happens Fuel shut off, hyd, bleed, etc etc.

The airplane as far as the FMS Nav and etc is more like a DO-328 Primus 2000, and the epic in the 170-195.

Is the CRJ200 and 700/900 the same type rating?

Yes. CL65.

Differences training... -200 to the -700 and -900:
add slats, hydraulic thrust reverse (-200 thrust reverse are 14th stage bleed powered), automatic bleed control, 4 TRUs vs. 5 TRUs in the -200, no Utility Busses in the -7,-9. Otherwise similar bird.

Latest resources

Back