• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How should ASA be judged?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The proof of the success of this "new" management style (aka standard business practice in every industry except aviation) is clear and irrefutable. With any luck, other airline boards will be paying attention, and this industry might have a chance at permanently removing the same revolving carpetbagger managements that have been severely damaging this industry for decades. Ford and Harrison, your time is coming to an end!

If ASA management has turned the corner and is treating people well, fantastic, and you guys deserve it. Just keep an eye on them, it only takes a day for them to revert back to old tricks.

A bunch of crusty captains on the 700 do a lot of stuff "their way" and the logic is total BS. Most of them are pretty decent guys though and not to difficult to fly with.

The truth is we got a contract and a fresh sense of self-preservation.

The new management has done some good things, but they did not change the hearts and mind our our pilots.

Skyrocketing oil and the contract did.

If ASA management has turned the corner and is treating people well, fantastic, and you guys deserve it. Just keep an eye on them, it only takes a day for them to revert back to old tricks.
SUP croft.. the wifey says hello! U still in Guam

mesa Sucks!!!
:smash:

Dang it Bullet Head, this thread has nuttin ta do wif MESA.

You're right, but still nuttin.

The truth is we got a contract
The new management has done some good things, but they did not change the hearts and mind our our pilots.
Skyrocketing oil and the contract did.

BINGO! Of course, don't forget that "the coalition" was really responsible for the new contract, right? ;) :rolleyes:

Hoser
Roll Tide!

BINGO! Of course, don't forget that "the coalition" was really responsible for the new contract, right? ;) :rolleyes:

Hoser
Roll Tide!

The end result was a lot closer to what the coalition was proposing than what your side proposed....

I didn't see the big raises on the 700, the 100%retro, the status quo instructor section, or the B fund retirement plan. All 4 of those were still on the table during the election and after....What happened to them....

The point of the coalition was to get it done because things would improve once the contract was done.....That happened....

The end result was a lot closer to what the coalition was proposing than what your side proposed....

The world will never know. And thank God.....or the CNC. Oh, and I can't forget to thank the ASA pilot group who elected to keep the current ALPA administration (by a record margin I might add) and stick to the plan.

Naiive, I know...

I think that ASA should be judged for the performance gains recently experienced. However, every bit as important, I think that ASA should also be judged by how the employees of the organization were treated. It doesn't matter if we, as an organization, post the best numbers and statistics in the world, if we furlough one single person.

Let's not kid ourselves: ASA didn't become a new airline overnight. The people here are going above and beyond because they feel that they are being treated by ASA as an asset, not a liability.

The lesson here for folks in the management suite: treat your people right, and the airline will be a quality product.

Remember, the management style at ASA is one adopted from Skywest. Jerry and Brad Holt have been at Skywest virtually from the beginnings. But everyone continues to beat up on the Skywest style, especially since we're not union. If ASA was with Skywest from it's beginnings, I wonder if the pilots there would of ever voted in ALPA.

As far as your comment about even one pilot being furloughed; you can't equate quality of management in this case to anyone being furloughed. Skywest and ASA are at the mercy of Delta and United and Midwest as in Skywest's case. There's a good chance with the coming cutbacks from Delta that there could be furloughs at ASA and Skywest. And if Midwest was to close shop, that could really hurt Skywest too. You can bet that Jerry is trying everything possible that we dont know or hear about to limit those cuts and to get other codeshares. If there are furloughs this fall, is that going to diminsh the accomplishments and quality of Skywest, Inc, and the people of ASA and Skywest?

Latest resources

Back