• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How senior is SLC for ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All of the people that are holding lines, hard and relief, are July 2004 or higher. There are a few new hires, I think summer 05, that are holding reserve. There have not been any new openings in SLC lately but that could change. Best of luck on the interview.

I've been here for 3+ years, and I would barely hold a hard line out there at #53 in base. MyASA.com announced yesterday several cities are going away from SLC in Dec. or Jan, I forget which, but nontheless, SLC is being downsized already. But yes, there are newhires out there sitting reserve as well. Good Luck.

I will believe that downsizing is happening when the displacement bid comes out. Until then the flying reduction is the same type of thing that is going on at every DCI carrier.

If I were an ASA guy, I'd be very hesitant to move to SLC. I can't imagine why SkyWest management would want to continue paying for mx and dealing with the nuisances of such a small domicile for ASA when they could easily transfer that flying to SkyWest and drastically reduce costs. I feel bad for the ASA guys that live in SLC, but if I were a SkyWest guy based in ATL right now, I'd be getting ready to move. There are numerous rumors floating around SkyWest that ASA will be leaving SLC.

Good point Bluto, but Delta still calls the shots and right now they are good at making the bad decisions. I agree that I wouldn't be buying a house or getting settled in SLC if you are with ASA.

Rock and a Hard place

Bluto said:
If I were an ASA guy, I'd be very hesitant to move to SLC. I can't imagine why SkyWest management would want to continue paying for mx and dealing with the nuisances of such a small domicile for ASA when they could easily transfer that flying to SkyWest and drastically reduce costs. I feel bad for the ASA guys that live in SLC, but if I were a SkyWest guy based in ATL right now, I'd be getting ready to move. There are numerous rumors floating around SkyWest that ASA will be leaving SLC.

Great points Bluto, but a lot of money was spent to open SLC and a lot of money would have to be spent to close SLC. Moving costs alone would be a lot! Not to mention the fact that most of the folks in SLC are from the DFW closure and would probably riot should they close SLC 1 year later. I see them keeping it open for 2 reasons: Whipsaw and Whipsaw. Skywest pilots showed unity in saying "NO" to management's most recent pay proposal and they are hoping that they ASA pilots will "cave" and those 700's or 705's or 900's will come to us. (We'll be giving them the same middle finger you did by the way!) But there hope is so they can easily put those planes in the SLC system at either ASA or SKY, whomever will do it for less. JMO though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back