Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.jetblue.com/work-here/crewmember-stories.aspx

***** ****** - Flight Ops
Most airlines can move people from point A to point B - I should know. I've been with four different airlines throughout my career and even retired from one due to a law that was in place which required pilots to retire at age 60. The law was reversed and now I'm back in the business as the eldest new-hire pilot at JetBlue and, I daresay, at any major airline operating today. The reason for my return? JetBlue's recruiters saw my potential and once I got here, the application process was smooth, the training was top notch and the crewmembers always made my day enjoyable and still do.

JetBlue hired a 60 year old. It's all up to what's best for you, everyone is different.

He is 57, he does not have a lot of time to hang around looking for the perfect job. The longer he waits, the longer he is out of the cockpit. Having gone through this at age 53 you do not get chosey about your next job. I still recommend he look at the regionals, if you find a beter job you leave if not not you keep looking and getting paid

You are assuming he is NOT flying now. I assumed he is.

If he's unemployed, regional as a last resort, sure. If he still employed, then telling him to quit a better paying non-commuting job to commute to reserve at a regional is REALLY BAD advice.

You are assuming he is NOT flying now. I assumed he is.

If he's unemployed, regional as a last resort, sure. If he still employed, then telling him to quit a better paying non-commuting job to commute to reserve at a regional is REALLY BAD advice.
I assumed he was in a forced job change.

You could try Spirit, they hire pilots age 60+.
They have turned down a all of our 40+ guys with gobs of TJ PIC, who applied but have hired younger pilots, read under 35, who have about 1 year in the left seat and less than 500 TJ PIC, so go figure

They have turned down a all of our 40+ guys with gobs of TJ PIC, who applied but have hired younger pilots, read under 35, who have about 1 year in the left seat and less than 500 TJ PIC, so go figure

I personally know someone who was 54 when they were hired by Spirit in the past year.

They love it btw.

The days of having to be 30 or under went away with the flight attendants having be under 125 lbs.

DH flew with a number of USA 3000 and Airborne guys as new hires at age 59 + recently and over the past two years. One had been a CA with 17 years at Airborne. The others had equally high numbers.

Latest resources

Back