Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much would you pay to convert paper logs to elec?

I converted a friend's logbook, about 8000 hours, into Logbook Pro for him.

I HOPE you are going to charge appropriately for this service. It is very mind-numbing, not very exciting at all, downright BORING work.

I'd think the way to go would be have them send a photo copy of the log...that way you could cross out each individual entry as you entered it...keep from seeing double, tripple...mine was a P.I.T.A. and I'm just over 125 hours...I couldn't imagine someone in the thousands...

-mini

Well, I guess the idea is a flop since no one so far wants to pay to get it done.

Yes, like someone mentioned, I wouldn't need the originals. Xerox copies are fine and if it takes you an hour to xerox a page, you shouldn't be flying :)

Remember, most of the guys who really need this done quickly, are the ones who are unemployed :)

Mine only took me a month to put into the computer. Good thing I got it done when I did! Now it's smooth sailing...

Dan

I knew a guy that hired a temp to do this for him. He had about 5000 hours at the time and wanted to transition to a electronic logbook. Took the temp two 8 hour days to get it all done. He said it was the best money he ever spent. Don't know what that cost him.

Latest resources

Back