How much is enough $$$ ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bssthound said:
That is why there are labor unions. If management could get away with paying a 777 capt $30,000 a year they'd do it.

And if you could get away without working (but still getting paid) you would do it, THAT is why there is Management!

This argument could go on forever... Some pilots out there are grossly underpaid, other are probably overpaid for the work/revenue they product...

Life ain't fair guys, get over it!

In light of what is going on in the industry, if you are flying and getting paid to do so, you should be happy, there are a lot of guys out there in the unemployment line, and with U filing Chap. 11 there will likely be a bunch more...

When times are good, scream and b!tch for more money, when times are this bad shut up and get the job done.

bssthound said:
Airline management is in the business of making money. The less money they pay labor the more money they clear at the end of the year. Period. That is why there are labor unions. If management could get away with paying a 777 capt $30,000 a year they'd do it.

Of course. Do you go into Wendys and order a 10 dollar burger when they will sell you the same burger for 2 dollars? No.
Airlines buy that cheapest labor they can. Is it managements fault that some pilots are willing to fly for $30K a year?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not on managements side; but economic reality prevents me from blaming the consumer when the seller is willing to sell cheap.

Unions cannot change economic reality. If you think so, just ask a furloughed pilot from AA, AAA, UAL, DAL, NWA, CAL, etc. Their union contracts can't even protect them from labor competition withing their own company (except maybe AA), and those contracts have absolutely no effect on labor at their employers competitors.

regards

And if you could get away without working (but still getting paid) you would do it, THAT is why there is Management!

How ironic!! I'm sitting in front of the computer right now because scheduling called yesterday to tell me the 1st part of my trip was taken for IOE. I am indeed not working but still getting paid. I also called my Reserve unit to see if they needed me to fly today so I could get paid twice for working once.

I am flying for pay and count my lucky stars every day. The vast majority of us at ASA realize our good fortune, especially since quite a few of us have friends on the street.

Latest resources

Back