How Much for FCC License?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta3

I applied online for a GA International FCC license because I was planning to fly to Canada, and I was surprised to see that it cost $100. I heard that it only cost $20 for a lifetime license. Did I fill out the application wrong or did they raise the price? Also, is the license good for life?

Mine cost me $50. You have to apply for the restricted operators licence.

Not sure how I went about it now as was awhile ago.

When did they start charging for them? I don't remember paying anything for mine back in '94. If I did, it wasn't anything substantial..

No idea when they started. Let me see if I can find the URL:

Ok goto to the FCC homepage, www.fcc.gov , get an FRN number you will find this on the left hand menu fill in all the stuff. Then use that to fill in the online form for Restricted operators certificate, pay your $50 and it will arrive 1 week later in the mail.

Some extra stuff from another web-site.

http://www.narte.org/h/fccabout.asp#RROP

Do I have the correct thing?

I've always wondered about my RROP. All it has on it is my name, date of issue and my signature. Is that all there is to it? There's no certificate number or anything like that.

It was issued in 2001, and I think that I paid 50 bucks for it.

Sounds like it to me:

Mine has an DOB/Name and Address/FCC reg number/ a few other things but not pilot certificate number.

No expiration date.

Mine has no DOB.

This is what it says;
The holder of this permit is authorized to operate any radio station which may be operated by a person holding this class of license. This permit is issued in conformity with Paragraphs 3454 and 3945 of the Radio Regulations, Geneva 1987, and is valid for the lifetime of the holder unless suspended by the FCC

Guess they must have changed it.

I applied for this one finally after 6 months of putting it off and this is what I got, I went to interview with it the other day and it seems like the one that they wanted.

May just have changed the style of it, usually to keep some admin bod in a job
icon24.gif

Latest resources

Back