• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much did DAL pay to acquire NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's rare that a merger isn't an acquisition. Hence the term "acquiring partner" that is typically utilized.

-Simple-

They tried to hide the fact that the new Delta is totally run by crappy NWA mgmt.

-Who the hell would invest in anything those morons have a hand in? (Obviously-No one. The stock is doing a pretty nice impersonation of a dead guy's EKG.)

-Shove all the adrenaline you wish into that goner-it ain't gonna help!

(Crow all you want, Gen... Throw around all the infantile "McRonald's" comments you like. It won't change the fact that your company's stock is still sucking hind teet. Your leadership is comprised of retards-who have made many obvious mistakes-and the money people of Wall Street see it as clearly as I do.)

.........Says the highly paid regional f/o!:laugh:

Semantics. Delta is a name. This company is being run by NWA people. Delta pilots won the SLI. Whatever you want to call it, it is what it is.

-Simple-

They tried to hide the fact that the new Delta is totally run by crappy NWA mgmt.

-Who the hell would invest in anything those morons have a hand in? (Obviously-No one. The stock is doing a pretty nice impersonation of a dead guy's EKG.)

-Shove all the adrenaline you wish into that goner-it ain't gonna help!

(Crow all you want, Gen... Throw around all the infantile "McRonald's" comments you like. It won't change the fact that your company's stock is still sucking hind teet. Your leadership is comprised of retards-who have made many obvious mistakes-and the money people of Wall Street see it as clearly as I do.)

Hey McFry,

What do you think of Southwest NOT coming to ATL now? I thought you said they were on the doorstep???? Now, get back to urinal cleaning.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't mergers involve stock swaps?....I guess I am trying to figure out why it was considered an acquisition instead of a merger. What made it different than a merger?

Acquisition and merger are not necessarily mutually exclusive terms. For the purposes of FAPA's PWA, the successor (SWA) would have been required to integrate pilots. A-M doesn't care who bought who.

Wow I could see that coming!

Thanks for being predictable CRJ567

Thats what I thought. It's a little too obvious he interviewed and did not get hired and blames the airline for this. Why else would he have such disgust for the company.

Thats what I thought. It's a little too obvious he interviewed and did not get hired and blames the airline for this. Why else would he have such disgust for the company.

Because his birth is the result of a gang bang gone wrong!

Hey McFry,

What do you think of Southwest NOT coming to ATL now? I thought you said they were on the doorstep???? Now, get back to urinal cleaning.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yep.

ALGT is coming soon. You will wish you were only competing against SWA. And with DAL shifting focus to NY, ALGT will be able to get as many gates in ATL as it wants.

-It is really a stretch to try and imagine any stupid mistake RA has not made during his tenure. The man is really doing his very best to ensure another BK trip. (At least it will be familiar territory.)

Last edited:
Yep.

ALGT is coming soon. You will wish you were only competing against SWA. And with DAL shifting focus to NY, ALGT will be able to get as many gates in ATL as it wants.

-It is really a stretch to try and imagine any stupid mistake RA has not made during his tenure. The man is really doing his very best to ensure another BK trip. (At least it will be familiar territory.)

Wow, all this intelligence and the best job you could get was a regional f/o position?
I bet there are fortune 500 companies all over the world that are kicking themselves for not hiring you!
Harvard really let one slip by by not educating you!
Another fine example of what happens for the lack of a condom!

Yep.

Another genius thought McFry. First of all, Allegiant has already been to ATL. They do charters to Tunica and Laughlin (from the T Concourse). I think you are right, they have cornered those markets, and we honestly have no response.....Why can't RA just see that and pour a bunch of money losing RJs into those cities? (Laughlin, NV will require a stop in LBB maybe?). And with our huge shift towards NYC, there could be many airlines just "slipping" in to ATL. One thing that may happen though, is that we send some RJs to LGA, and replace their money losing feed here in ATL with DC9s. There you go! And hey, can I get another ranch sauce packet with my nuggets?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back