How much did DAL pay to acquire NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beetle007

I never heard how much DAL paid to acquire NWA? Everyone says it was an acquisition and not a merger....so why no dollar amount in the news?

Did any money actually exchange hands?

Heyas,

You heard wrong. NWA bought DAL with DAL's own money. Kept the DAL name, but the NWA management.

Or so says my DAL neighbor who was more than a bit miffed with the SLI...

Nu

Heyas,

You heard wrong. NWA bought DAL with DAL's own money. Kept the DAL name, but the NWA management.

Or so says my DAL neighbor who was more than a bit miffed with the SLI...

Nu

Silly human pride. :rolleyes:

It was a stock swap. DAL bought NWA with DAL stock and for the purposes of SLI it doesn't matter. One pilot group does not buy another pilots career expectations simply because the corporate leadership decides to swing a deal. Too much is made of who buys who, is it a merger or acquisition, when none of that matters.

Welcome to Delta.:)

Last edited:
Yep, in effect a cashless transaction, much like the slot swap we announced a few days ago.

Don't mergers involve stock swaps?....I guess I am trying to figure out why it was considered an acquisition instead of a merger. What made it different than a merger?

Silly human pride. :rolleyes:

It was a stock swap. DAL bought NWA with DAL stock and for the purposes of SLI it doesn't matter. One pilot group does not buy another pilots career expectations simply because the corporate leadership decides to swing a deal. Too much is made of who buys who, is it a merger or acquisition, when none of that matters.

Welcome to Delta.:)

Hehe, come on FDJ, you know me better than that by now...I keed, I keed...;)

Nu

Don't mergers involve stock swaps?....I guess I am trying to figure out why it was considered an acquisition instead of a merger. What made it different than a merger?

-Simple-

They tried to hide the fact that the new Delta is totally run by crappy NWA mgmt.

-Who the hell would invest in anything those morons have a hand in? (Obviously-No one. The stock is doing a pretty nice impersonation of a dead guy's EKG.)

-Shove all the adrenaline you wish into that goner-it ain't gonna help!

(Crow all you want, Gen... Throw around all the infantile "McRonald's" comments you like. It won't change the fact that your company's stock is still sucking hind teet. Your leadership is comprised of retards-who have made many obvious mistakes-and the money people of Wall Street see it as clearly as I do.)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back