• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much debt....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Navigator72 - I coukldn't agree more -- Dave Ramsey offers some great advice and although a bit radical at times with what he says to do I really feel that more out there need to follow his advice.

If I sell one kidney to cover my $5,000.00 flilght training debt, can I still maintain a First class medical?

Private, Instrument, Commercial, Single & Multi $0 In debt 29 years old :) as I tell people if you can't afford it! abort it!

OH, T-mobile says I owe them $180 debt for canceling my service after 6 years of never being late on a payment! I never once ever upgraded my phone through them I always paid cash on fleabay and private party sales and never entered in to another contract with them besides my initial 1 year which was full filled nor did I ever switch my plan!

3000 Min $49.99+ $5.99 For Nation Wide Roaming & Long Distance! They wrote me a letter saying they were canceling my roaming feature but will retain the long distance. I wrote them back telling them if they remove the roaming then they are to cancel my service! I Called them to discuss & verbally with them with no resolve and told them to cancel my service I am switching to Cingular!

This one is going to court!! On their dime!

Last edited:
I don't know about comair, but i got out of embry riddle in 2002 about 130,000 in the hole, what a rip off. If i can die flat broke i guess I'll have done good.

SPilot said:
If I sell one kidney to cover my $5,000.00 flilght training debt, can I still maintain a First class medical?

I'm on a first name basis with the Eastern regional flight surgeon in New York (eye thing for me, her background is ophtalmology). Next time I talk to her, I'll slip in the question about selling a kidney...

College $0 on scholarship
PPL paid for while working
CPL through MEI $16k at local flight school (2000-2001 time frame)

paid off in 3 years of flight instruction/charter/"etc". Mucho Ramen noodles consumed.

40k in loans for the degree, A&P and some outrageously half-priced snap-on tools etc. included in that :).

about 5k in balances for flying.

No idea how I'll build multi time since by the time I'm ready for it the Duchess will probably be 300$ an hour... maybe I'll buy a Cri-cri :)

I had 2 jobs the entire time I was in school. Barely making it has been a way of life for quite some time now :).

Latest resources

Back