How much are you worth?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA44Jockey

Comair buyout for a 5 year First Officer comes out to $5000.00 after taxes. Buyout at NetJets for a 2 to 3 year First Officer comes out to almost $100,000.00.

A 2nd year FO at NJA stood to gross $68,677 from the early out and a 3rd year FO $95,607.

But Comair (or any airline for that matter) doesn't have revenues like NJA and Berkshire Hathaway.

Comair buyout for a 5 year First Officer comes out to $5000.00 after taxes. Buyout at NetJets for a 2 to 3 year First Officer comes out to almost $100,000.00.

It's sick to think that's what Comair thinks of it's pilots. Another sick feeling is looking at the pay scales on AIRLINE PILOT CENTRAL and see how little some are paid acrossed the board.

Factor in free health benefits, per diem, type of hotels, uniform allowance, shopping discounts, crew meals and other perks for the crews. That's when one can see how a company views (values) its pilot group or doesn't. It varies widely throughout the industry.

I have won the lottery twice!!! So I would say I am worth ALOT. But then again I used the NSA's supercomputers to pick my numbers. I was on loan there from the cia.

The palm

A 2nd year FO at NJA stood to gross $68,677 from the early out and a 3rd year FO $95,607.

But Comair (or any airline for that matter) doesn't have revenues like NJA and Berkshire Hathaway.

NetJets had a bad 1st quarter, and Berkshire Hathaway doesn't have anything to do with our payscales. It has to do with the professional men and women at NetJets who had enough of being trampled on by management and stood up for a fight in 2004-05.

I don't have much of an opinion on the new proposed legislation about bringing the mins up to 1500TT, but I think this could help Comair in the future? There are too many people willing to work for peanuts with 500TT and will do ANYTHING to fly a jet. Raising the mins will produce onlt the most dedicated pilot who will be unwilling or unable to work for $19,000 a year.

Last edited:
... Raising the mins will produce onlt the most dedicated pilot who will be unwilling or unable to work for $19,000 a year.

I'd like to agree, but the facts point to the same old things:

1. The new rules won't happen.

2. It won't change a thing with the pilots, mommy and daddy will just pay for more time.

3. As I've learned since coming to this side of the industry, regionals are all (and I do mean all) bottom-feeding contractors who will cut costs at the expense of anything and everything.

I'd like to agree, but the facts point to the same old things:

1. The new rules won't happen.

2. It won't change a thing with the pilots, mommy and daddy will just pay for more time.

3. As I've learned since coming to this side of the industry, regionals are all (and I do mean all) bottom-feeding contractors who will cut costs at the expense of anything and everything.

Even if mommy and daddy pay for 1500 hours, the attitude of the pilot will be much different IMO.

Latest resources

Back