How much are you hoping for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyer172r

All the NetJets pilots out there talk about how bad the first year pay is, and I whole-heartedly agree that 28k is an insult for what you guys do. But what I'm wondering is how much do you think the first-year guys deserve? 35k? 40k? I'm not trying to start an argument here (though that'll probably happen regardless), I'm just curious what you would consider reasonable first-year pay to be. Or for that matter, what you consider reasonable down the line.

SafetyTheSeat said:
BAIT !!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it wasn't meant to be, but I see how it can be interpreted as such. I guess that's what I get for trying to ask an honest question on this board.

You have to remember their moral is low and as that catyaaaak person said, quote "It sucks to be you" unquote.

Cub Guy

Ok, I'll bite. Nobody should fly a jet for less than 60K. I do, and I think it's an insult. Also no CA should make less than 120K. Small jet or not, that's my opinion. You guys need to fight for what you think is right.

What are you worth?

Since this started with BAIT, and rattler poured fuel on to flame, I tell you what, Go for it. Show them who is boss, shut the place down until you get exactly what you want. I mean after all you can fly a jet, excuse me program a jet, my gad, that puts you in category with golly I don't know what, what is as rare and talented as a jet F/O, school teacher? CPA?, Doctor?, I don't know nothing comes to mind. Along the same lines, we just recently hired a furloughed glass cockpit F/O guy, smart, talented, great attitude, in the sim he was trainable but having problems. When quizzing him about his problems, he said he had not hand flown an approach in over three years at his previous airline. So how do you determine what you are worth?

Last edited:
yip,

What makes a jet F/O (programmer) any more or less talented than the PIC? The original question should have included PIC's too, we all work for too little money. I don't mean just NJ, as a group of professionals we all ask too little. So what makes us more talented than a teacher, CPA, or doctor? Any person on the front side of a cockpit door can kill a planeful of pax. PIC, SIC, FA, terrorist or otherwise. Last time I heard of a CPA killing something it was only a stock purcahse. Doctors have lives in their hands all the time, they get paid well for what they do, so should we.

Continuing the BAITING. There is no comparison, Doctors are knowledge workers, and pilots are skilled workers. Doctors go to school for up to 20 years, work for slave wages until established in practice. Anyone will a certain level of skill and desire can be a pilot, no college BS degree required, no Ph.D. in Medicine like a doctor, just go to a trade school and develop a skill. As far as the lives on your airplane go the one in your seat is the most improtant. If that one is persevered then all the other lives will be preserved. If the lives in back really mattered the most we could pay the FedEx, UOPS pilots, a lot less than the passenger pilots gets.

Doctors have a better Union (Cartel) than pilots. The AMA. There are lots of people who want to be doctors but enrollment at Medical Schools is restricted.

Latest resources

Back