• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many UAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so most people would consider airtran a better career choice than united?

I would. Just look at the financial health of the respective companies. UAL could be a sleeping giant, but their mgt is terrible and Wall Street looks to be favoring DAL, AMR, and LCC. Things have changed drastically and nobody can predict the future, but UAL keeps losing money.

Skynet? Isn't that supposed to be responsible for the destruction of humankind a few years from now? The irony!

Skynet? Isn't that supposed to be responsible for the destruction of humankind a few years from now? The irony!

Mooseflyer-

You beat me to it!

Let's see...Terminator came out in 1984. United named their intranet site after that, right?

A few months ago I was almost certain that I'd return to United (3/00 hire). Now, I'm not so sure. If Tilton and his gang get their way, United will either merge, be bought out by a US carrier (or investment group), or, God forbid, be bought out by a foreign carrier like Luftansa. It seems to me that all Tilton wants is money for himself and his cronies. He doesn't care about the employees one bit.

It is because of this and the fact that United is facing huge challenges domestically that I am scared $#!tless about returning to a company that just lost 152 million dollars for the first quarter when other legacy airlines were making money.

I have a relatively good gig right now. I think it still stinks in many aspects, but it could be better than actually going back to United and sitting on the bottom of the seniority list.

My time to make the decision as to whether to go back or resign is coming soon and I honestly don't know what I will do.

Good luck to all of us.

GP

so most people would consider airtran a better career choice than united?

I wouldn't necessarily think so. Things can change quickly (for better or worse). I guess we will know for sure in 5, 10, 15, 20 etc. years.

Murphy, remember hind sight is 20/20. Go with your gut feeling and I hope that it works out for you. Hopefully we don't have another hit to the airlines as far as the "T's" go...."drop a nuk in the sand and watch everyone go KaBlaam!!":uzi:

Latest resources

Back